Introducing Analog Heat +FX

is the drive/filter/eq settings are part of the preset? I mean the Drive/Level/Mix/Frequency etc. knobs are saved with the preset? and if they do, what happens when you change presets? there’s a param jump I assume?

it’s saved, and you can have optional catch/jump mode for pot ‘pick-up’

2 Likes

The way this is done is all super swish. Seamless.

Using an sp404 at the same time…. Worlds apart!

How come the mighty Roland are years behind Elektrons UI encoder implementation!?
The way they adjust to the speed you’re dialling in is so intuitive.

Not upgrading the SPs CTRLs to endless push encoders is perhaps it’s biggest oversight… but also keeps it in its own domain.

SP Cassette FX + HFX Warbling is the wobbliest.

4 Likes

this might be old news for heat users but the notch filter is quite tight for removing an errant frequency in the lows, another digital filter/parametric eq fx block could really help with chiselling out our bass departments. any tips/approaches here?

I’d like something really scientific for brutal colour free frequency removal/enhancement, then let the analog circuits do their thing.

2 Likes

damn just when I thought I could resist:

6 Likes

I find this Heat plus FX a total rip off. I have made compression style FX on the heat with the envelope follower, also flange style FX and tremolo. I feel like the price is unfair and digital FX could have been done with better programming.

Has anyone seen what these folks are doing with the original machinedrum

These guys have added several FX algorithms, they are not getting paid and its a 20 year old machine… Elektron dumped one of the best machines they made to make new gear, unlike synthstrom deluge or Arturia microfreak who keep updating five year old gear because they are good programmers.

I’m a fanboy of elektron by the way, I’ve just gone off their mk2/3 rehash model money making instead of programming the MK1 versions…

1 Like

ofcourse the people that have an MK2 model are disappointed and the ones that complain and say that this is a rip off.

I wouldnt go so far as to say that, and in this thread it has already been established that the hardware is different in the new model to enable the fx and this is not merely software.

that said, it would have been nice if elektron gave the possibility to upgrade your MK2 like they are doing for the Push (ableton) now. Yet, I don’t think you would save a lot of money here, you can just as well sell your MK2 and buy a new AHFX.

Do you think that those digital fx and the other functionality, all of which can be p-locked, LFO’d and otherwise modulated, are really not worth a $200 premium over the standard Heat Mk2?

6 Likes

custom loopback thing or actual product?

can it? how?

1 Like

for example by sending cc values from DN midi track

2 Likes

That’s what I mean, yes. Assuming we are all already invested in the Elektron ecosystem… even a single spare Digi-box midi track could do crazy stuff (just watch @Voltagectrlr for examples… and I don’t know if those are even using external CC’s or not! But I wouldn’t doubt it.)

1 Like

ah yes ofcourse, there are way more cc options in the AHFX indeed.

Syntakt and AHFX are a very powerful combo indeed now that I think of it.
it gives the syntakt a compressor that its missing, and the syntakt also gives an extra set of inputs to ultimately send through the AHFX!

I’l say it again, the new unofficial OS for SPS-1 - “The updated firmware introduces a new class of machine called Neighbor FX (NFX) which includes a Compressor, Envelope + Ringmod and Universal Comb Filters.” 20 year old machine…

I actually sold the AH just before this FX version came out.

1 Like

but a very different machine. I don’t see how you are comparing these things?
are you implying the statement from elektron that the AH MK2 hardware does not allow for this FX update is false? Also, elektron is known for late updates on their products (see octatrack, digitakt), so I think if they could have done that with the AH MK2 they might have.

1 Like

Don’t buy it then.

Buy one then.

Because nobody was buying it anymore.

12 Likes

If they had added a p-lock sequencer then yes but currently no. It’s like the MK2 version of AR you were basically spending an extra few hundred pounds on one knob, the rest of the features did not justify selling and repurchasing at that price. Also the squishy pads… Horrible.

Don’t get me wrong I have the Monomachine, Machinedrum, AR, Octa, AF & owned AH. I’m a fanboy. I hate the rehash MK2 model they have went with and I’m falling back in love with the machinedrum, the original toy, because of other fanboys who can program and support older machines when Elektron won’t…

I’ve got all of them, why are people on here so defendant of Elektron’s business model?

I definitely won’t be buying an AH FX at near £1k, it’s redonkulas!

Definitely saying that statement is false because of this… Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.08 Released [ Unofficial ]

Almost looks like Elektron peaked 10 years ago…

Probably just a change in business/design direction. The older machines were much more modular and open-ended. While the current digitrio/models are much more focused and streamlined.

1 Like