Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

I love how people still think USB2 is the cause of bottlenecks in OB.

4 Likes

Well thatā€™s the upside for those happy with MK1ā€™s - which they should be, theyā€™re still the muttā€™s nuts.

3 Likes

What is the actual cause?

(shakes fist at elektron)

1 Like

Actually my main thought following this announcement is whether to sell my Digitakt and get a RYTM MKii. If the sampling engine is suitably similar thenā€¦ hmmmm.

1 Like

Running it at USB1 speeds to prevent noise in the analog circuit.

Edit: Not to worry about that with these MKII devices though it seems (for clarity).

5 Likes

This is a good sign for if they actually make an OT2, the potential for 8 individual outputs is much greater on a design like this

2 Likes

Heck, they will make something to fit this form factor and styleā€¦

Should I cancel my OT mk II preorder, hmm

Gotta say I dislike the new form factor, no stuffing two of these + a heat into my backpackā€¦

With USB 2.0, all Rytm MKII audio channels can be streamed simultaneously in highest audio quality.

9 Likes

Wait what? Overbridge basic and not premium? I understand that for the cheap DT but for a 1500 euro machineā€¦ Also how long/short will these time limited recording sessions be?

6 Likes

Iā€™m really confused about the overbridge versions, does this mean that the free version i am currently using with my MK1 RYTM will eventually become limited to only streaming the main bus outs???

1 Like

Really think itā€™s poor form asking people to pay an extra 100 euro for Overbridge support when theyā€™ve already spent 1500 and upwards for the machines themselves

13 Likes

also interesting: AR has 4 inputs - probably 2 into compressor, like MK1, and the other two for sampling?

5 Likes

Iā€™m keeping my OT and AR.

ARII pros I donā€™t need:

• pads (I rarely do finger drumming)
  • 8 outs (I already have Y-Cables)
  • sampling capability (I do always sample with my interface (better quality))
  • better buttons (hm, I havenā€™t had any problem yet)
  • bigger lighter screen (Iā€™m happy with the current one)
  • quick performance controls (ok, nice feature)
  • expression/cv (I could possibly find it useful)
  • overbridge HQ (I donā€™t use it and I wouldnā€™t pay any money for it)

ARII cons:

• where are the side screw holes!? you cannot mount them in a rack. I currently have the AR on the bottom and the OT on the top occupying less horizontal space
  • bigger!
  • uglier (ok, thatā€™s something personal and not so important for me anyway)
  • more expensive
5 Likes

Overbridge for MKI units will work as it always has

8 Likes

ā€¦or forked to a diff. branch of ob software entirely (overbridge legacy)??

Overbridge software needs to be constatly updated the next 5-10 years for upcoming computer OSes and DAWs. They need to finance it.

5 Likes

No, the bottleneck is the USB 1.1 protocol not the USB 2.0 jack.

4 Likes

Honestly I have no problem paying for Overbridge, but Iā€™d be miffed if older units lost functionality. Seems like @Jon has confirmed that wonā€™t happen. Good news.

Meanwhile I received a brand new A4 two days ago and havenā€™t used it yet. Very close to returning it and waiting until September. A4 seems like the unit that has been most improved by the MKii upgrade to me.

Whilst I quite like the new look, whuttuf they thinking?

The whole ā€˜Dark Trinityā€™ thing is an aspiration for most owners

They just screwed that right up. Nothing matches any more!

2 Likes