Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

Not shareholders but customers.
I wonder who’s more important in a companies eyes?
Genuine question, not a dig

1 Like

I say that because some comments from there could be extracted from an Expertise Consulting or Shareholders meeting. But as you said we are customers… and to reply of course BOTH, but there’s a lot going on in the background. And it’s a business… Music is bizness, Gig are a business, Festival are a bizness… all are linked to Financial aspects.

Evolve is a choice and it belongs to them, their lines of products is a choice and it belongs to them … it’s their company not ours. Then if they loose customers well … their responsibility ! That’s how things works.

What we say here can serve when they read it (maybe) … but it’s not very apealing - motivating and a bit annoying. I wish them good sales on Mark II, i recognize the enhancements it’s pleased me. We can’t be agree with anyone of course. But my point is if you like more the Mark 1 it’s existing again and it’s findable right now at a cool price and more in second hand market. If you dig in the Mark 2 well buy it for Christmas (Santa)… how cool is this Christmas (Santa) a RYTM who can Sample :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, it is what it is…

4 Likes

Yeah good call.
Lets see if Santa is feeling generous this Chrissy :evergreen_tree::gift:

1 Like

it’s also (with a bit of time) perfectly possible to keep its LIVE RIG based on Mark I for personal matters or Logistic aspects. And get the mark II and keep it in Studio only.

If your thing is Elektron AR and A4 it may worth it… Problem Solved.
if not, well what’s the point of speaking about gear we don’t use… there is more Music Thread where we actually all have real interest to comment and share (people stuck to help)

Peace and Love.
At the end all matter is the music and not the gear. i hope so… :joy:

We could all buy shares in Elektron as a community and vote online on what we want the direction of Elektron to be and how the boxes should look and which feature sets they will have :sweat_smile:

Let’s all buy Elektron, and force them to create an FM/Granular/Additive synth with analog filters & overdrives, and digital comb & formant filters.

12 Likes

As far as MKi Rytm goes, I wonder how things will roll once the transfer app gets released/OS updated. If you have the Digitakt, you can sample into it, but then to offload tracks to the Rytm, would it be that much of a stretch to simply sample dump from the DT via the transfer app to the Rytm pads? This could be very, very cool, and a way to maximise your track numbers with ease. I’m still waiting to pounce on a DT but as soon as OB is out & bugs settle down I’m in

Imagining a shareholder meeting looking like this thread…

Leaving the imaginary meeting in a hurry to rock prototypes…

7 Likes

Wow…only five days and over 1000 comments!
Looking back, that initial announcement of Octatrack MKII was a bit funny because I know a lot of people who misunderstood what was happening and once all three updates were revealed, it was obviously greater news for those who will make their first purchase(s) or upgrade(s).
Surely we will see these in use and hopefully, the improved functionality and capabilities will be apparent.

1 Like

I’ve been hoping for an Elektron FM synth for about 16 years, in light of recent releases that hope is beginning to fade.

3 Likes

Monomachine can do FM synthesis pretty good.

4 Likes

True, and I enjoyed mine while I had it, but nothing beats a purpose built instrument.

As an analogy, do you prefer a single zoom lens or a small collection of primes?

Freely routable pitch tracking LFOs will always be my number one feature request for current and future Elektron products until a true FM synth drops. :totes:

So add a digital output at least! They had no problem modifying the Rytm hardware for sampling and increasing the price - why not do the same to the OT? The obvious answer is because they won’t/can’t touch the OS. It would have to be rewritten from scratch, which isn’t gonna happen. The OT MKii doesn’t even reach for the lowest-hanging of fruit.

Why when Gotharman does it for a lot less?

I’m again tempted by the A4, though. The new one would be so nice in a studio controlled by Linnstrument. Btw, @Prints the Gotharman ref was a jest. More couldn’t hurt :wink:

1 Like

$20 and I’ll take it off there hands, even DT bugs and all :grin:

Fair or not, based on half the people in this thread thread and many more on Facebook , this wasn’t exactly a win in the PR department for Elektron. I think a price reduction signaling new models, and one price for ALL devices for Overbridge would have really made it a big win for them

I don’t think Elektron will be too worried.
Everyone bitched when the Heat was released, saying what the hell for, then everyone bought it anyway.
Same will happen here no doubt.

2 Likes

lol the Heat was not nearly this controversial. Elektron may not be worried but they could (and should) learn some lessons from this rollout

Didn’t realise OB premium is more for Analog mk2’s than Digitakt? Why is that?