Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

because its capitalism and they can. Richer people can afford the Rytm so they can afford to spend more on OB for it? But for one price I meant, you pay for Overbridge once, and it works on all of your devices

1 Like

You could always rock an A4 + a skiff with an Akemie’s Castle in it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So many showing their fears of change. This forum is turning into an avenue for expressing your lack of understanding what the company is doing. I have no interest in reading all of the complaints on this thread but I do see the few who are trying to open everyone’s eyes. I’ve been using Elektron products for a few years now and come to elektronauts for what the community offers as we all once strived for the same goals in helping others understand what the machines provides and share ideas on ways to be more creative with their music. Why are so few of us seeing these updates as Elektron actually listening to what their users have been asking for. This is all a way to move forward with our creativity. It’s better than not making revisions. Someone said on one of the previous posts that Elektron isn’t a big company like Roland, Korg, Moog, etc. Maybe that’s something they would like to achieve, to be known as one of those larger companies. They are already well known for their gear. Why not answer the requests of current users as well as gain a new customer base. They could have made them all florescent colors and everyone would have complained about that. If you know what the MK1 versions offer and what the MK2 versions add to them and are in a position to buy them or just want the updated version there shouldn’t be any reason to complain. If not, you don’t like them or need them, don’t buy them.

Why so negative?

We are supposed to be here to come together, but not like this.

21 Likes

Amen brother!
:pray:

4 Likes

Threads go on for months if not years speculating and wishing for Elektron to release some new stuff.
Elektron finally answers and deliver some new gear, only to be abused for releasing new gear too quickly :loopy:

Anyway, Cenk will release some videos soon and all will be forgiven in Elektron land. Its like déjà vu
He must be pretty busy at the moment.

4 Likes

You’re joking right?

I really think this is somebody trolling.

I started writing a response, but not going to bother. This horse has been beaten to death. Back to positivity. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The mki almost surely can sample - if they enable it. It doesn’t look like a hardware issue to me. It has an input, it appears to pass through the cpu. If that is so, it is all possible.

1 Like

Elektron have given you some options, so don’t be pissed.

Time: you have until sep to sell your mk1 for a good price and upgrade to mk2.

pricing: the Ar is 1549us which is a price higher than the mk1.
So you can keep your AR mk1 and get the DT to cover the sampling side of things. The DTs bonus is 8 extra tracks and 8 midi tracks.
Or you could get a used mduw mk1 or OT mk1.

I sold my AR. I’ll think about upgrading when I demo one in sep. Personally I just got another MDUW mk1, cuase I didnt like the DT way of sampling when I demoed it. RAM machines rule!

3 Likes

Discussed from the other (quite large) thread: The MK1 has no AD converters on the external input. The hardware simply isn’t there, so no sampling capability can be brought to it.

3 Likes

This dude bought it 3 years ago. I repeat 3 years.
Most marriages don’t last that long :aw:
If you just bought it last week mate, I MAY entertain your concern.
Jesus Christ, how long would it take before you’re not pissed at Elektron?
10, 15, 25 years?
I can see it now, your 93 and on your death bed tweakin on your mk I, you just hear mk II has been released and that’s it, it’s lights out. The pain and suffering is too much. Damn you Elektron

9 Likes

how long did Hectors relationship with elektron last?

Hector Mk2 please!!!

1 Like

Yeah Cenks pretty cool but Mk I Hector was awesome

seems hector is busy in a new series:

Before We Die (2017– )
Kola Krauze 

Suvorov (1 episode, 2017)

Oh no. Hector sold out.
What hope do us mere mortals have :ecstatic:

+1

The fairly strong entitlement vibe keeps me pretty disinterested in this forum these days

2 Likes

The butt-hurt and sense of entitlement are strong in the forums these days

3 Likes

I reckon even if my wife left me in 3 years I wouldn’t be pissed

1 Like

There is obviously AD converter somewhere since the audio coming from external input can be streamed to USB / Overbridge.