Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

And that would be awesome.

P-locked pans per voice get recorded in stereo.

Also, when panning sound locks, you effectively get 8 mono voice outputs.
Great if you use A4 for drums.

Stereo fx are kept in the main LR outputs, as FX are send/return.
Voice outputs = dry
Main outputs = fx (or voice + Fx, its configurable.)

Exactly like Analog Keys

4 Likes

The spec says that they’re still global send effects so that would kind of defeat the purpose of them being separate outputs. Seems like it’s set up that way just to preserve the stereo panning of the amp section maybe? odd.

1 Like

ah I see. nice trick :slight_smile:

Really like the subtle curved edges all round on these new units as well.
Nice touch

1 Like

Size difference:

Pads:

26 Likes

Holy crap is that scale real? That thing is massive.
Didn’t realise. Had a little gas brewing but not so sure now :aw:

3 Likes

Woah yeah it is a proper beast and I like it, why not make it even bigger and add a cd drive for what it costs though? I joke. Hey with the new octatract being a different form factor than these two, I wonder if they aren’t going to give people heart attacks with something else coming soon with the tilted form factor, they now have three form factors, I did not see this coming when I woke up this morning

1 Like

Is que fill a new trig condition that only plays when you have cued up a new pattern? That would be awesome :clap:

1 Like

Same in Seattle. Usually one or two units and quite a few more were posted recently and cheap. $750 for the AK or A4… I haven’t checked recently but I don’t remember the prophet 08 suddenly dropping in price when the Rev2 was announced. I like the new machines for sure, and I’d probably upgrade for the screen alone (it’s actually what kept me from an AK)… But still surprised at some of the reactions.

Thanks for the upload.

Whoa. Back to the loch with ye, Nessie. Look at the size of that thing. It’s not a moon. It’s a space station.

6 Likes

I Like the bigger Format. Gives me hope for a Monomachine Mk3

1 Like

I like the size of my MK1s. They’re good to snuggle up in bed with and make some tunes while i drift off to sleep. MK2s look like less fun to go to bed with but the tilted front panel would be nice with it sitting on the lap.

2 Likes

The MKii’s clock in smaller than the 15" 2017 MacBook Pro - which is 34.93 wide x 24.07 deep. About the same width as the 15" but actually 5.5 cm less deep. So it’s not as chunky as we think. Definitely laptopable :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool …but the light grey trinity? Hopefully we’ll see them in black, or at least gunmetal, c’mon design team don’t go soft on us.

3 Likes

Thanks god for this size comparison. Im keeping my black beauties.

7 Likes

Yeah that size difference definitely makes them a totally different product now that’s for sure. I’m honestly a little shocked they’ve upped the size that much.
Could be a deal breaker for some, clinch it for others I guess.
I personally think Mk I is the optimum size footprint, so I’m both annoyed and relieved that I’ll probably have to pass on this one. Just don’t have that much real estate available on my desk

2 Likes

Yes Analog RYTM mkII and Analog Four mkII don’t fit in the Elektron Gig Bag EGB-1 :wink:
L:660 × W:340 × H:90 m

as 385 + 385 = 770 (660 so… I even have a gig bag for SALE…)
But don’t get me wrong… I’m very happy …

2 Likes

I’ve had time for the MkII releases to sink in and got to confess I’m a little bit saddened - it’s pure capitalism from a company that I always thought did things a little differently (while making a profit of course…). I can’t help but feel a little cynical that these MkII’s are simple responses to look a little prettier in the face of some stiff competition (DM12/Peak/etc) and to prolong the life of their tech. Again, nothing wrong with that - Sony/Microsoft have been at this for years - but I always thought Elektron kind of flew a “Fuck you, we do it our way” flag! Also don’t know what to think about the whole “1 OB licence per machine” thing - that feels incredibly stingy to me and considering past chat from Elektron that “flagship devices would always have OB “premium” included” I can see things going down a shitty path on this one.

It also feels all a little disjointed. There was a sort of singnature “blackness” of these boxes being created but now that’s all changed. The boxes used to be, on the whole, uniform in size and shape, now we have 3 designs. But, I guess, who buys equipment for how it looks… (though I have my own thoughts on the UI on the A4 at least).

Change shouldn’t be resisted. It’s the world we live in - change can be good. But this stuff just doesn’t seem well thought out to me. I’m no expert though! Would love to see the roadmap/behind the scenes thinking on all of this! Besides, the masses seem pretty impressed with everything so I’m likely in a minority in any case! And, as Ive said elsewhere, I can see myself with an A4MkII down the line regardless of any of the above!!!

7 Likes