Interviews - mega thread

This is brilliant!

1 Like

It didn’t take me a minute to find it via a Google search :wink:

2 Likes

how what, who, when!!?!?!?! thanks, i need to take a course in google

the first answer makes this all worthwhile :wink:

*** why does ziggomatic 17 end with “thank you for your attention, bye”?” *** was my search string, no joke. Enjoy the interview… it’s really fun, so I have to thank you because I didn’t know about it until now :wink:

1 Like

damn, well awesome, and i was just on some paraphrasing rando tip with that.
it’s a nice timecapsule post druqks release.

1 Like

Oppenheimer’s Oscar winning composer! I have to say my favorite part about this movie was the soundtrack. This video and interview are both amazing! Also look at his modular setup in the back!!!

Another Carl Craig interview. I like this part:

" Improvise as much as possible. When you’re using Logic or the other DAWs, you’re basically just looking at bars and waves and often you’re not necessarily listening to the music. I watched one producer show how he does his remixes, and he just takes a kick drum from another remix that he did in Logic and pastes it into a new session - it’s kinda like painting by numbers!"

1 Like
3 Likes

Lots of synths here that I’ve never heard before. And The way he talks about them tells you how much he really loves synthesizers.

“Martyn Ware’s 11 favourite hardware synths”

I’m listening to it for the second time actually.

Because of the interview, I watched the 2 episodes of What’s Happening that the Doobies were on, listened to Doobie concert recordings from 1976-1978, Steely Dan concert recordings from 1973-174, listened to “Losin End”, etc.

1 Like

The Doobies were on What’s Happening?! That’s awesome. I wonder if I can find the Rerun…

1 Like
2 Likes

Jeff Baxter who was also in Steely Dan and Doobie Brothers, worked with Roland on the GS-500/GR-500 guitar synth combo (also played it with Doobie Brothers), etc.

1 Like
2 Likes

I must say my favorite is Ferry Corsten remix of Catch. It would be my highest moment if I can ever make something like that.

I find this part interesting:

"At the heart of ‘Catch’ is a drum pattern which sounds suspiciously like it’s fleeced from ‘Numbers’ by KRAFTWERK; as the German electronic masters are notoriously ‘legal’ when it comes to such things, what was the gestation of this track?

I’m not aware of that being the same, but then you can’t really play anything you haven’t heard, so we’re all as you say fleecing beats and pieces from all the music that we’ve been influenced by! And I know that Mark is a KRAFTWERK fan so the chances are there are some bits and bobs that will be reminiscing of that genre of music, I mean KRAFTWERK were a movement really rather than a genre, and they just blazed a trail that all electronic music is kind of influenced by."

Fascinating interview.

"What I have learned is that the volume of equipment you have can eat into your time, so we’ve got into the ethic of using one or two instruments and become quite prolific. "

1 Like

There was some Kraftwerk discussion here lately. Timely interview!

Sometimes I get the feeling that music culture today is made by computer scientists, because you need to always fill in a form…

So, I work on the idea, write it down, and then I turn to the computer. In the early days of Kraftwerk we had a tape machine, and now I basically use the computer just as a recording tool"

Another timely interview especially after an epic fail in one of the biggest shows in the world?

I’ve gone through phases in my life of being really proud to be a DJ, I’m sort of in a phase now where I’m almost ashamed to be known as a DJ,” Clarke says.

1 Like

Here is the video interview :