Honestly I didn't measure because I just assumed it wouldn't fit, but It may be possible. It's fairly tight in there - the control PCB rests ever so slightly above the MIDI jacks. Maybe staggering them in a zig-zag would provide the most plug clearance. The side-by-side approach is a little tight, but it was easy and I just wanted to get on with it.
Some people seem keen on a D-Sub connector instead of audio jacks, but the thought of milling out a clean hole for the D-Sub jack and then also having to make a project-specific cable/dongle to use it just seemed annoying down the line. I'd rather just use cables that I can use elsewhere or already have, and drilling circles is so much easier.
I still need to order the proper TRS jacks - I just used comparable Kobiconn jacks to test/measure. Chances are I'll never use the outputs in stereo (I've yet to really do much with panning automation) but I might as well set it up proper if I'm doing it at all.