Interest check Separate outs mod

Not quite useless - of course you could just use 4 TS jacks and have 4 mono outs by using either just the left or right pads. But using TRS jacks and wiring as stereo means that you can for example have a kick and snare on track 1, p-lock the kick hard right, and p-lock the snare hard left so that they can be processed separately externally.

7 Likes

But using TRS jacks and wiring as stereo means that you can for example
have a kick and snare on track 1, p-lock the kick hard right, and
p-lock the snare hard left so that they can be processed separately
externally.

Oh yes. itā€™s really interesting!!!

1 Like

Do you think we can made this mod without soldering anything ?

And pass the cable through ventilation.

In order to keep warranty ?

Yes, if you can find a solderless pin header (they do exist, but difficult to source) this was one pf the main reasons I gave up on the idea of making a kit.

2 Likes

What about the ground?

Yep. Interested.

Interested too.

Awesome thread :relaxed:

1 Like

So, is all thats needed is to solder a 8 pin header onto pcb then plug a lead in which is soldered to connectors on back panel?

Looks wicked.

I was just thinkingā€¦ how would you do to get separate balanced output ?

Posting to confirm that I have done this mod to my A4 as well and its great. Iā€™ve had no issues so far and its really opened up the synth for me and my computer-less set-up.

I concur that you should open up the synth ahead of time and ensure the jacks you are picking up fit correctly in the synth. Its tight but definitely doable. I canā€™t seem to find my order for the ones I used but if I stumble upon it Iā€™ll post it.

Edit: One ā€œissueā€ is if you mute the voice from the main output via settings, it is also muted from the individual output. But since the individual outputs are stereo, I have my main output panned left and all the individuals panned right so my main output is the remaining tracks. Its ok by since I only run mono into my octatrack, but yea not great.

10 Likes

Could you post pictures ?
What kind of connectors did you use ?

2 Likes

hi there,

very interesting topic!!!
same question:

What kind of connectors did you use ?

thx

1 Like

Here are the parts I used, ordered off Newark. I picked up 5 jacks incase 1 was/became faulty:

I also used jumper wire, stripping and soldering one end to the phono jacks. Similar to this: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/adafruit-industries-llc/825/1528-1161-ND/5353621

2 Likes

Can anyone with an analog keys confirm that my issue with the individual outs & mutes is the same (see april 12th post)? Iā€™m curious if the functionality may be improved with the MKII so you donā€™t have to pan to remove the voice from the main mix. Iā€™d love to run my verb in stereoā€¦

Weā€™re gonna be doing this mod today on Twitch.tv/oh_bother

Wish us luck!

7 Likes

cool watching it now!

1 Like

Here are pics of our finished mod. Itā€™s not as pretty as @panelist job, but it works!

11 Likes

What id the mod, I do not understznd dorry, a second main outputl/r ?

Separate outputs for the 4 voices like in Analog Keys.

1 Like