Integration help for Analog Heat +FX

Hello Elektron community,

Need some advise on integration of the AH2 +FX in my current set up.

Recently acquired a Play Differently Model 1, with the idea to use it as the main mixer/brain of the hybrid set up.

Plan is to feed my Modular system + Syntakt + other synths + Technics decks all into the mixer and have the AH2 +FX processing the individual channels.

The Model 1 has 2 AUX outs + stereo returns. External effects can then be sent to all 6 channels (individually) on the mixer. Currently using some s****y guitar pedals not giving me any sound satisfaction.

So the question is. Could I run from the AUX out of the Model 1 into the AH2 and back out into the Return inputs of the mixer and have all 6 channel “effectable” by the prowess of the AH2? Essentially operating the AH2 as the guitar pedals I currently own.

Many thanks,
Erik

It’s always amazed me that the Model 1 doesn’t have a master insert, and because it has a very high headroom main out (+28dBu), it means running the output serial into the +FX (+19dBu in/out) is going to be costly in terms of headroom (and noisefloor, if you’re cutting and boosting to make it work) … so yes I think the only sensible option is to run the AH as a send effect. I suspect you’ll need to run it 100% wet to avoid phasing issues.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!