Integrating usb midi

Hi. Hopefully some knowledgeable person can help with my midi issue.

I have 3 synths and recently buillt a eurorack modular. Tr8s, minilogue microbrute .
I currently sequence my synths using the octatrack. I use the tr8s own sequencer. I also have a midi keyboard. So basically I have a merge and a thru box set up To connect everything. Clock source is Ableton Live which I use to audio record.
I now want to sequence my modular as well as play.
I bought an expert sleepers fh-1 which is a usb only midi. At the time I assumed the octatrack mk2 had usb midi but it doesn’t. Lot of people use this combination so I didn’t think twice.
So I’m looking at buying a midi din to usb but I still need to maintain sequencing other synths. As well as sending clock.
What to do ?

Other option is all the synths except octatrack do midi over usb. I guess maybe there is a midi usb hub where you can designate thru or merge and use din and usb at same time ?

I have 0 knowledge on usb midi presumably there is stil concept of in out thru and merge.

If anyone can help.

Hi,

iconnectivity mio4+ seems to be what you’re looking for :wink:

• 4 midi din in&out
  • 1 USB port to connect a hub for up to 8 units (you need to buy a USB hub)
  • 2 USB computer ports
  • insane internal routing possibilities (merging, cc mapping …)
5 Likes

Annoyingly high price. No one likes buying infrastructure boxes lol.
I guess I could sell my Kenton stuff to part fund. Was hoping a cheap and cheerful solution might be available.

I bought a MIO10 and it solved all my MIDI problems at once. It’s a good investment.

1 Like

I understand but it is totally worth it

1 Like

Thanks guys they do look good.

1 Like

If you have a usb hub connected to the usb port is each usb device addressable individually. anything plugged into that hub can be sent it’s own sequence or do the devices all get sent the same sequence ?

Yes… You have a ton of MIDI sources and destinations and can rename them all to your liking - so you don‘t get lost.

Cool. Managed to get a midi4+ . I need a decent powered midi hub. Any suggestions?

I use mine with a non powered usb hub : https://www.amazon.com/ORICO-7-Port-SuperSpeed-Windows-Laptop/dp/B018V7VMNC

You won’t regret having bought the mio4. It’s a midi setup cornerstone :wink:

1 Like

i use «poor man’s iConnectivity» solution — Axoloti Core (€65) + Miditech MIDIface 8x8 (regular price aroung €140). but if one is happy with 4 MIDI in / 4 MIDI out, then MIDIface 4x4 is only around €60.
Axoloti patch for doing MIDI I/O is very easy to make. and Axoloti has excellent ultra-low latency.
as a bonus, this solution performs supplementary MIDI jobs if desired, e.g. can work like MIDI filter.

1 Like