Integrating OT MKII, A4 MKII, and Overbridge

Read the manuals and have been considering the best method to integrated the Octatrack into an A4 with Overbridge setup. Additionally, I have an external effects chain.

Anyone have suggestions for wiring these together so that I can record the A4 and OT via USB/Overbridge? Ideally, I’d like to be able to use the external effects chain as well.

Thanks.

Silence.

As a result, decided to just stay within my mixer.

Well, the OT doesn’t have Overbridge so the likely way to record its output using Overbridge is to send the OT main outputs to the Analog Four’s external audio inputs.

You could connect the external effects chain’s inputs to the OT’s cue outputs or the AF’s outputs and connect the effects chain outputs to the OT’s inputs.

If you have an external mixer or soundcard, that widens the possibilities considerably.

1 Like

Right. Ever trying to reduce gear. But some gear just can’t be easily replaced/removed. Thanks.

Yeah, I was trying to think of a way to use the A4 Mains to send FX so you could combine them with the OT Thru machines, but I think that if you’re in OB mode your Audio outs are disabled

It probably would be easier- if your trying to join hardware, to use the hardware outs.

For software stuff, OB would be the ideal

1 Like