Integrate Model:Samples with DAW

Hi all,

I need some advice on the most efficient way to integrate Model:Samples with my DAW.

While I have successfully got my DAW to control the M:S Start/Stop and Tempo, I can’t seem to get a latency-free recording via the M:S USB Audio. This involves extra work editing the M:S output to be beat-aligned and obviously I’d like to avoid this step.

The DAW I use is Digital Performer. Their support team suggested creating an aggregate device of the M:S and my Focusrite Clarett 8Pre. The latter is the clock master. This just results in digital noise from the M:S.

I suspect the issue is that there is no way the slave the internal audio clock of the M:S to the Focusrite. I’m not sure what the point of the M:S being a class compliant USB Audio device if you can do this simple and necessary step.

Surely I can’t be the only person in the world who needs/expects the M:S to work this way? I’d really appreciate some advice. I’ve spent days and days trying to get this to work, but as much as I like the M:S I’m about to throw it out the window.

Thanks

Darren

I’ve had this same issue with digital noise when using the audio over USB on the Model:Samples. Have you tried simply using the audio outs into your Focusrite instead?

Yes I have, but the latency is about the same.

I use the analog outputs on the M:S into my MOTU audio interface. That way I don’t have to fuss with aggregate devices and the added latency.
MIDI sync via DIN cable to audio/midi interface. Works fine.

Keep it simple. Clarett 8pre has excellent converters.
2 audio cables and a midi cable to your focusrite. :thup:
If latency is still too high, turn on direct hardware monitoring whilst recording.

For reasons I can’t explain, it seems to be working now. Perhaps the recent software update fixed it. The audio arrives in time with the rest of the track, even though while monitoring with buffer set low gives a bit of latency . Phew!