Inputs

I’ve got more noob questions for you all. I just got my Analogue Heat MKII on Wednesday, and I’m in the process of connecting it right now. I’ve got the Digitakt going into to the left input of the Heat, and the Digitone going into the right input of the Heat. I do not get any sound from the Digitone. Can I not connect two different instruments into the Heat at the same time, or is this a defeat? Is there something in the setup that I need to check? Thanks in advance. :wink:

hi, dont have a heat, but have you checked interchanging the cables and/or switch left cable with right input jack/cable?

also it could be nice to plug digitone into digitakt and then digitakt out into heat in. this way everything would be in stereo and you could sample dn with dt. maybe even use the dt compressor for the dn too… ( not sure if input goes thru compressor in dt)

1 Like

Digitakt input sums to mono.

So to preserve stereo go Digitakt -> Digitone -> Heat

5 Likes

I did try swapping cables, to no avail. I will try your suggestion though, and see what happens.

I will try your suggestion as well. I was just wondering if I had a defective product. Thanks.

1 Like

Problem solved.

Good. Please share, what exactly solved it for you, to maybe help other people in the future…

3 Likes

I solved the problem by doing what Nionmu suggested - Digitone into Digitakt and Digitakt into Analog Heat. I had to go in and turn on the monitoring on the Digitakt, which I forgot about when I initially set about solving this issue. Thanks for all the help. :hugs:

1 Like

Again, I recommend Digitakt into Digitone, as the Digitakt’s inputs sum the Digitone to a mono signal.

FYI, the Digitone input configuration is found in the FX section. You’ll want to hard pan input 1 to the left, and input 2 to the right, to preserve DigiTAKT’s stereo width.

3 Likes