Input routing and AMP trigger

Hey everybody. I’m trying to route external sound source (in this attempt, vocals) through my rytm mkii via the AUDIO IN in the standalone Overbridge 2.0 beta but I also see that this feature has been available in official Overbridge releases such as Overbridge 1.15 (see 1.15 manual which states same thing about the triggered AMP). The 2.0 manual states that I need to have the AMP triggered (“by a trig placed in the sequencer” etc). Here’s what the manual says:

And here’s the 1.15 manual:

How is this done?

My attempt looks like this: in the input routing section I put INPUT 1/2 into the cy11/cb12 slot. I then put a note trig (in record enable tried turning on all 1 and all 16 steps) on either and both 11/12. Still nothing coming through 11/12 on the control panels.

Also tried inputing sound while hitting the 11/12 pads. I recall my sub phatty requiring either a note being played or a cable plugged into the gate jack.

What do you think I’m missing?

Thanks! Sam

Bump for help!

Bump cuz I’m still trying to get this to work. Tried a couple things and continue to scour the annals of internet to no avail!

Sam

have you set amp decay, sustain and release at maximum? also in the trig page, look at note length.

edit; you only need to set a trig on the first step

1 Like

Thanks for the ideas @vantablack

I hadn’t opened them all the way so I just tried that to no avail darnit!!!

I also checked the trig and set LEN to infinite on the trig page.

AMP is set like this:
ATK = 0
HLD = tried half to full on
DEC = INF

I also set SRC DEC to infinite (but tried disable and different settings in there).

I did try to route main inputs (1/2) through the main out and that doesn’t fire up the meters on the main out. So maybe it’s an actual bug? I did submit a ticket.

Thanks again!!!

Sam

i don’t have mk2 but on mk1 the inputs goes to dist and compressor then mains out. since you’re using a mic you might need to pre amp. also check fx part of the plugin. on A4 it’s easy because the external source can be chosen in the osc section of a track and if using a external osc like in my case, i just use the amp in the same way as with the internal osc. haven’t tried external in on rytm yet, tho it might be possible that you have some other input options on rytm mk2 since it can sample and resample