Innovative companies to watch

That Koma Field Kit FX has been something on my radar since release. I’ve been very interested in a Eurorack FX box and that seems like a good gateway drug.

3 Likes

They also do Things Like Strom and a Mad sequencer…

[insert famous henry ford quote about faster horses here]

It’ll get interesting if B take the leap into “character” samplers, ala SP-1200, etc.

3 Likes

Lets hope they dont clone MD or MM before Elektron announces one :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Id love Behringer to clone a SP or an MPC.

3 Likes

:joy:

That’s cute but Behringer clearly doesn’t care…:slightly_smiling_face:

Seriously. I’ve been waiting on the Zoia but as the announcement there is that there is no announcement…

Hands on. Make noise from anything. Reasonably priced. I’ll take another look at it now…,

2 Likes

That box looks intriguing to me. I kind of want one.

Yeah, well, I don’t mind behringer gear… I have some and I think it’s good value for the money. But innovation ? I can’t see where it is. Of course Behringer will be/is successful, but that’s quite different from being innovative.

1 Like

I am in when they start cloning their own products…

3 Likes

but wouldnt that just be mk2?

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

It depends on what you consider innovative… I see Behringer as a hungry new kid on the block… Ready to manufacture past classics and use that experience to design original product as well… Who’s doing that right now?

@N3V3RM1ND

1 Like

They have yet to show us original stuff. Arguably, augmented reality on the DP12 was original… but I don’t see myself using that.

It depends on what you consider innovative

Not sure I can define that… but I’m sure TR clones don’t qualify.

Innovation is rarely good business, when it comes to audio. Things take a while to catch up. Revolutionary ideas aren’t palatable until they’ve been around for a while.

That’s why companies like Monome, ROLI, and Expressive E aren’t as widely known as others.

6 Likes

There’s the Neutron and the Deep Mind series… Also, keep in mind. They’ve just begun…

Soma

2 Likes