Init to dubtechno in 10 Min - MD demo

19 Likes

This video is superb - sounds fantastic and an excellent demonstration of just how good the x.08 firmware is. My MD is round at my mates for an EP we’re working on so looking forward to getting back around there and stealing… eh… I mean being inspired by some of the ideas in this vid.

2 Likes

I’m big into dub techno at the minute, been experimenting a lot myself recently - this sounds legit :ok_hand: Great patch

I like that by the end you can see the camera shaking to how you’re grooving - always a good sign :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks for the kind words, and please do use steal these ideas :wink: a quick tldr to get you jumpstarted: two GND/tonal machines that are generating the chords followed by an NFX-UC that delays their signal a bit. the output of the NFX-UC is sent to an external output which is just patched back into one of the two inputs. the the next channel is an INP-EA machine which is an envelope with lp filter attached that sounds great at filter sweeping (you could use the INP-FA too). i forgot to demonstrate you can turn the volume of the first two sounds down once you get it running to stop the harsh raw osc sounds that come in intermittently. also i will probably elaborate on this technique for my own music by also using ram rec and play machines to further layer the sound up. also experimenting with creating stereo or pseudostereo effects

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this video and the write up - such a great display of letting your ears guide you and ending up with fantastic results and such great food for thought. I still don’t fully grasp all the new neighbor machines yet but will learn!

Just a follow up - Observer you just reignited my absolute wonder at this machine. I had a fairly mystical experience with my MDUW X.08 last night. The phrase that came to mind when it sounded so good was “the machindrum just ripped my face off.”

THANK you for posting this video to get me started and for the tutorial!!!

1 Like

INP-EA on this is flipping great!

thanks for inspiring and catalysing me into uploading an init jam.