Infinitedigits Zeptocore

No one’s talking about infinitedigit’s latest creation, the Zeptocore, so I figured I’d start a new thread for it.

This thing looks pretty sweet. It’s definitely an upgrade from the pikocore.

“Stereo playback of 16-bit audio files @ 44.1 kHz sampling rate · SD-card storage for up to 32 gigabytes of samples · Recalls up to 256 audio files (16 banks of 16 tracks) · 16 different effects (saturate, fuzz, delay, reverb, etc…) · Single-cycle wavetable synthesizer · Realtime sequencer with optional quantization · Optional clock sync out · MIDI (in + out) over USB · Built-in 8-ohm speaker · Powered by two AAA batteries or USB-C · Open-source · Handmade in Seattle”

7 Likes

argh, yet another cool little machine that would be great with a screen.

a nice big oled. gnomesein

5 Likes

If they gave it a screen, they might as well call it a pocket operater!

4 Likes

Ordered one. There is no info or tutorial about the Single Cycle Wavetable synthesing mentioned in it’s description, which is very interesting addition… Messaged the creator about it, will see his answer.

Also, the MIDI IN is limited to the START/STOP/CONTINUE messages for now, would like to see the ability to play one-shots in different scales.

1 Like

I’m the opposite!

If I see a device without a screen, it gives me hope it might have the flow to match.

Doesn’t always happen but when it works it’s great.

1 Like

Why can’t all devices have this?!?!?

1 Like

I can understand that vibe :slight_smile:

personally I’m drawn to lush screens but I get it.

1 Like

Love this thing!

3 Likes

Cool! I ordered one and should be receiving it tomorrow.

I know that its design lends itself to glitchy breakbeats but I’m excited to load it with a bunch of abstract loops and textural ambience.

1 Like

Yeah I ended up putting a DIY one on order… looks like a pretty easy DIY, actually looking for something more complex but I suppose that isn’t the way of many kits these days. Device itself looks like a fun way to come up with some break beat stuff maybe resample it into something else, I hope full midi implementation comes to it… looks like it might.

I realllly want to do that, too. Please share when you do!

Yeah, it seems like a fairly limited device. Hopefully its focus and feature set will keep it interesting for a while.

Full midi implementation would be awesome. Infinitedigits has designed some of my favorite Norns scripts and they’ve been pretty great with continuing to support them, so I guess we’ll see :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I definitely will! Would love to hear whatever you come up with as well!

Infinitedigits has a sort of FAQ about why he made the design choices he did for the Zeptocore here:

3 Likes

nice. I really like this. could be something special. I’m gonna deep dive the manual n combos.

I really like the idea of little handheld cyberpunk-esque devices that glitch up breakbeats and that :heart:

3 Likes

Infinitedigits has created a few really great breakbeat / acid scripts on the Norns (controllable there via the Grid if desired) that prefigured the Zeptocore design so has good form in this area.

2 Likes

:space_invader:

I retract my initial comment about the lack of screen. sure I’d like one but delving into what zeptocore does and how it does it I think it’s fkn amazing. right up my alley.

2 Likes

must say, I wish elektron would develop some stuff like zeptocores fx mash & jump modes. They’re so good.

polyend play’s performance mode is fairly similar, tho it lacks parameter adjustment n isn’t quite as good imo. still can get pretty expressive with it.

1 Like

This seems really interesting! Considering buying.

If this could sample and resample, I think it’d be an insta-buy for many people.

Like the true spiritual successor to the PO-33!

it can resample afaik

1 Like