Inconsistent Volume

i am having a very hard time (actually it is driving me completely nutz) with recording / thru volume settings.

input A/B have the analog four, C/D get the output from my modular stuff.

by no means i am able to sample the sound and have it playing back at the same volume that is send directly thru the OT mixer. the samples have a low amplitude in the editor but play back very loud. i have to set the track volume to -50 to get somehow the level of the fed thru signal.

but to my understanding it should be the same as what i am hearing when the track volume is at zero.

generally what i want it to work like, is that i can hear the inputs and sample them at the very same level. any hints, ideas, tips??

1 Like

Yes - I was beaten to this point - Elektronauts can not be like Facebook where questions just get asked without consideration to what’s gone before - we’re curating a useful resource and it only remains useful if it’s kept tidy - there are many (more) threads on this topic already and the question above is not developing anything new

Respectfully, please use the search, so others don’t have to, it’s no great effort, it’s a simple courtesy as per the guidelines