Inappropriate bickering

It’s true. No one will ever experience music like you did because you’re the most special person to ever exist.

You probably missed this part I guess

I’ve been DJing for over two decades. I’ve had monthly house parties, and I currently have a monthly where we only play cassettes. Not many people show up to this party, but I do it because I love digging through old cassettes. Along with the long forgotten gems, I find quite a lot of garbage I never knew about in these old cassettes.

I love all types of music. I’m almost 40 years old now, but I keep listening to what is out there, and I dig a lot of it. I love Future, Kendrick, Drake, Rihanna, J Cole, etc.

This stuff isn’t rubbish to me. I understand the music, and I understand the culture. I’ll also listen to Paranoid London or Beirut or whatever the hell else I feel like because like I said, I love all types of music.

These kids nowadays seem much more open-minded than most people my age. I’m always surprised when I find out some 18 year old in one of my computer science classes is really into Nirvana or something.

For the most part, I don’t really care about people who look down on others for their “musical taste.” I think it’s just really dumb. Oh, you don’t like this or that, and think you’re better because of it? Good for you. You have narrow taste. Good job.

2 Likes

no, i read it all. my response was just that, a response. i hate drake and all the others in that style. i look down on young kids tastes… i did when i was a kid too. my tastes are broad actually… they just dont include pop music. you are into commercial stuff… good job. if you watch the video that this thread is based around the subjects dont include Drake anyway… its about how tragic modern pop music is in general due to the production values. you chose to promote your djing career…

Ok, fine. Unlike you, I don’t “hate” or “look down.” Keep doing things your way, and I’ll keep doing things mine.

1 Like

This makes no sense to me either. If you don’t like pop, you don’t like pop right?

the thread is about ‘modern’ pop. is pop music really worth a debate - not really… its just there. you seem quite vexed by anyone that doesnt enjoy your love for the most derivative styles. i happen to be a complete snob… i hate kids and poppy hiphop. i can send some details to you so you can place a law suit against me for being an underground music lover if you like.

1 Like

This thread isn’t really an appropriate place for you if you have no interest in pop music at all though right?

I thought this was actually the whole point of this thread :joy:

im now going to pirate loads of Drake tracks and convert to generic modern pop… youve converted me

This really isn’t only about you though. You realize that right?

1 Like

says the person that felt the need to go into huge detail about his djing pop to children.

1 Like

I’m actually discussing the current state of pop music vs the past, and my perspective as a DJ who’s been doing it for decades. You’re talking about how you hate young people, and look down on pop music.