Impulse trigger filter?

Thank you oh so very much gbravetti, this makes things a zillion times easier!

yes, please! I’d love to try and give that a whirl

Anyone notice you can ping the filter using a “disabled” synth trig instead of the impulse machine?

2 Likes

Not until now, well not unless the resonance is higher than a tipping point … it’s also possible to hear the ‘pinged’ filter when the impulse level is dropped to zero … I suspect an already ringing filter is just being auditioned through an opening VCA, perhaps with some filter env mod … so it’s not that the disabled synth is actually pinging (that and the 0 level impulse won’t if the res is less than say 90, but for 70-90 you can get filter bongos if you raise the impulse level - obviously there are other factors (perhaps even on a choked track pair if the other voice is sounding and others too )

but it’s an interesting observation/thought

2 Likes

Yes, this is what I think is happening…
I’ve barely explored this area, I figured that was “pinging” but now I see there’s a difference, and that the sound would be different if influenced by something “pinging” it…
It’s not an area I’m quick to dive in and explore the subtleties, so I figured I’d just post and see what others say…
I did explore programming a nice major 7th chord using filter sines on about five pads that trig at the same time, really nice and dreamy sound…

3 Likes