Impossible to enter precise step length

The greater the number of step is, the less precise it is.
I can make a step 62 or 64 steps long. But not 63.

Do you mean, you cannot make a pattern of 63 steps ?

No, i’m talking of the trig length of one single step. :tipping_hand_man:

Yes ! Got it ! Same here, it’s getting worse with higher values 100 or 104 no acces to 101,102,103…
Tried different combinations of keys to find if there was a fine tune but to no avaliable…

Yeah, to me, holding FUNC to enter fine tuning would seem logical and intuitive.

1 Like

there is no 63

the range is weighted towards the shorter lengths

as per other devices

1 Like

Yep, that’s precisely what i’m talking about. It’s definitely a problem.

It’s definitely not a problem

It’s a problem that you expect all the values

There’s probably 128 of them and they’re skewed to favour the lower end of the spectrum, where they’re more needed

Nobody needs 33 / 35 etc

How can you possibly tell what someone needs or not to make music ??
33 is typically wrong in a 4/4 context. Imagine you have an arpeggio going at 1/16th rate and you want the final note on the beat.

1 Like

What kind of music are we talking about? What most people understand as music (as opposed to experimental whatever) definitely has rules that synth manufacturers build their synths to follow.

It doesn’t matter one bit what I think - I’ve explained to you the backdrop to why you don’t have some values - it’s basically one of the restrictions of the way it’s designed to be Midi controlled - a little knowledge goes a long way here

What if i wanted 62.5 or 34.9 - it’s never ending - you have what you have - it’s not a bug !!

Compromises are made all over these boxes

1 Like

You can always enter a trigless trig at 63 with a plock to kill the release. Just a workaround.

3 Likes

I’m not going in this territory, sorry…

So i don’t see why we couldn’t have 128 values.

There are - did you read my first post, or the second … third too

it’s a box full of compromises (all Elektron step sequencers)… most are far more significant than the difference between 62 and 63

there are always workarounds anyway

2 Likes

Sorry, when i read “There’s probably 128 of them” i didn’t get that you were referring to the actual number of choices on the Digitone. My mistake.

Anyway, i’d really love (and it goes for many other parameters) a way to fine tune. FUNC+encoder would be nice.

1 Like