I'm genuinely thinking about buying a laptop and Ableton. Talk me out of it

I realise this is user error and I should JFGI, but EVERY SINGLE TIME I touch my partner’s Mac I move the mouse pointer into an area of the screen that minimises all the open applications and leaves me staring at the desktop. It makes me feel like a dog trying to write Python. This has been going on for more than a decade.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

use space to transport

But I don’t have a spaceship?

6 Likes

You can also just double click at the top of any window.

lol it’s 2022 man

honestly though, ableton let’s you press play via spacebar.

1 Like

and F9 to record, easy!

1 Like

And still no fucking spaceships…

Ridiculous

3 Likes
4 Likes

That will be hot corners, you can set each corner to a different function. Using the top 2 for anything is annoying but the bottom 2 are useful

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah, because a thread this nerdy needed Lego

4 Likes

4 Likes

Now, this is one area where Windows owns Osx. Window snapping is a nightmare in Osx as well. Which really grinds my gear cause I use a lot at work and I’ve got a mac there. Can’t win them all.

3 Likes

Instead of using the green traffic light button, try View > Full Screen in Live’s menu. This way won’t give you the rollover popup. Exit this fullscreen mode with the tiny yellow arrow thing in bottom right of screen.

1 Like

or

brew install rectangle

4 Likes

Yes, would be wonderful, but the company I work for are sadly very strict with installing applications.

Actually, when I started there, they asked me if I wanted a Windows laptop, or a Mac. I thought, if I get a Mac, I can put ableton on it, be like Fun Fin. Imagine what a total knob I felt like when I realised that this would forever remain a dream.

well, that sucks… can’t you convince them that it’s a time saving tool that will boost daily productivity by 43.28%?

1 Like

I’m thinking of ways to put it forward, but I’m waiting until I’ve got a better footholde in the company :slight_smile:

1 Like