I'm bummed out with the A4's polyphony

Again, no slight on digital synths. I love my Peak. I love my Super 6. I’d put the sound of either up against any other synth out there.

But they’re not analog. If that’s a thing one’s pursuing for whatever reason, you won’t find it in them… or a 3rd Wave.

Likewise, not to slight Mr. Rossum, but if one is after analogy minimoog or 303 sounds, a ladder filter is going to get you a lot closer.

2 Likes

I have Peak and Super 6 as my two main polys yes they sound great :+1:

So if you already have two main polysynths for polysynthing with, what would you be using the A4 for?

4 Likes

Well basslines, arps and plinks since it that’s all it can handle polyphony wise. But it would be a no brainer if it could double as an analog poly but I accept it can’t.

Yeah, it’s much better to see it as four monos that can do a bit of poly.

But what a set of four monos it is though…

2 Likes

I love what my A4 MK2 can do. I agree, though, with the OP that the limit of four voices/tracks is kinda dumb and pretty limiting. I mean, the MK1 came out 11 years ago, right? That likely means the basic technology in the A4 is 12-14 years old. I find it hard to believe that Electron can’t find a way to increase polyphony to eight voices after this amount of time. Moore’s law may not entirely apply to synth tech, and I do not know much at all about the bits inside my boxes, but chip capabilities have abounded in many other areas.

How do I do the facepalm emoji???
It’s ok, found it… :man_facepalming:t2:

7 Likes

Digital chips or analog chips?

4 Likes

There is no fuss regarding the Vermona PERfourMER, why is there any about the Analog Four.

3 Likes

I have OPINIONS, DAMMIT!

4 Likes

CAPS = strong opinions.

2 Likes

STRONG TRUTH

4 Likes

The four in PERfourMER is hidden, and the DSI Tetra is in Greek … Elektron’s mistake was that the “Four” in the name is too obvious. Shoulda called it the Analog mumble mumble four

8 Likes

Ordered one!

7 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

I think a lot of people are guilty of this. They write something off because it doesn’t do a certain thing they would like instead of embracing it for what it does do. So I will go with the flow instead of being closed minded this time.

I already have various polysynths. 4 mono’s feeding into a creative sequencer. That’s something I don’t have.

6 Likes

I reckon you’ll love it.

Yessssssss, that’s the spirit!

maybe a used Virus or roland juno x would work for your budget?

1 Like

this thread man. :man_facepalming:

5 Likes