I'm a complete noob, please help

I want to record my Digitone into Pro Tools, but I have no idea what I’m doing. I tried plugging it in with USB and making it an instrument track but that didn’t seem to work. Could anyone with better knowledge of how this process works give me some advice?

What you’re looking for is Overbridge- which is not yet available.

If you have an interface, you’ll have to record through the stereo outs

Sorry :frowning:

On the plus side! You weren’t doing anything wrong- so you’re not a complete noob!

5 Likes

Oh, I see. Any idea when Overbridge will be available for the Digitone?. I will do some research on recording through stereo outs. Thank you so much for your response!

1 Like

No idea.

If you’re bummed out there’s a thread where ya with varying degrees of bitterness about it congregate- just do a search on Overbridge, you can’t miss it

1 Like

you could just use the audio outputs and plug them into your interface and record the audio.

3 Likes

you being a noob is acutally ideal

there is a ton of classically trained musicians out there who would never allow to experiment with that noobish character that you own today

I was having NO , ZERO idea what I was doing with my first few elektrons, and those happy accidents shaped a lot of my “skill” I have today…

welcome on board !

enjoy the ride!

there are no mistakes, just happy little accidents or so they say : D

4 Likes

May 2019.
We’re still here.
Can anyone update us on this?
What Elektron can say besides “… currently in development and will be released at a later date” ??

This:
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-12-public-beta-au-plugins-stability-improvements/88798

1 Like

I’m using Overbridge beta and the beta os required on the Digitone. Recordings into Cubase over USB works fine for me. Try it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you share how did you set it up? I can hear the sound from the device in the instrument track but can’t record.