IK Multimedia UNO Synth PRO X

This thing looks really cool…the uno synth has a great fullfeatured soundengine! :smiley:

IK Multimedia UNO Synth PRO X, Paraphonic dual-filter analog synthesizer with paraphonic sequencer, integrated FXs and CV connections

A Rich Analog Core… UNO Synth PRO X analog warmth comes from its core, which has more components than any other competitor in the price range: • 3 Waveshaping Oscillators • Ring modulation and FM modulation • Dual Filter design • OTA based multimode filter with High Pass and Low Pass mode, with phase inverting • SSI based Low Pass filter with 2Pole and 4 Pole slope • Serial and Parallel routing filters || Convenient controls: • Digital control over all the parts of the synthesizer • 3 super fast envelopes with loop and retrigger options • 2 LFOs with fade-in and retrigger options • Paraphonic mode to create simple yet efficent pads and chords • Bassline mode to sculpt your bass with ease • 16 Slot modulation matrix, for deeper sound sculpture • MIDI and CV controllable • USB-C data and power || Portable performance and sound design: • 64 steps paraphonic sequencer • Per-step parameter recording with up to 48 parameter • Forward, Backward and Back ‘n’ Forth play mode • Classic and modern accidents: accent, tie, gate and swing • Easy editing tools • 10 modes Arpeggiator with pattern designer • Recordable arpeggio • 4 Voice mode: Legato, Mono, Paraphonic and Bassline • 3 Effects slots • Vintage chorus and uni-vibe • 5 different Delays • Hall, Plate and Shimmer reverbs || Connect with the world: • CV connection to control and be controlled by modular gear • 5 Pin MIDI IN and OUT • Connect any keyboard and play UNO Synth PRO X as an external module • Aftertouch, Modulation wheel and pitch wheel responsive • Use the sequencer as an added modulation source to your live playing and sound design • Record any phrase with ease • Add it to your keys rig without adding space and weight • Comes with Mac/PC Editor and Librarian || An instrument you decide: • An extremely creative analog sequencing synth, combining the magic of analog with the modernity and convenience of digital • An experimenting desk, because sound research and creation is necessary to sound different • A portable sketchbook capable of production ready sounds, varying from classic, to basslines, to pads and even glitch and experimental sounds • A powerful synth module to be played with keyboard by simply connecting a controller or a master keyboard • Everything in a simple and convenient package || More tech specs: • Stereo balanced OUT with 2 x TRS Jack Connector • Stereo Headphone OUT with 1x1/8 TRS Jack connector • Mono audio IN with 1/8” mini TRS jack. • 2 CV/Gate In connectors with 1/8” mini TS jack connectors • 2 CV Out connectors with 1x 1/8” mini TS jack connectors • 2 MIDI 5-pin DIN connectors (IN/OUT) • 1 USB -C Connector for MIDI, FW updates and portable Power • DC-IN barrel

7 Likes

Cool find. It’s up for pre-order at a reasonable price (599€) and uses a proper power supply :slight_smile:
I’ve always liked the sound of the UNO synth :).

1 Like

…where do you see a preorder and price?

Under See All Buying Options

1 Like
1 Like

589 €.

1 Like

I like the sound of the Uno Pro, so hopefully they’ll be super cheap now (though I’ve seen them used for £160, I imagine that’s already pretty low).

1 Like

This looks pretty nice. I just bought a mk1 Norand mono - maybe I should have waited. GAS is a helluva drug…

Well, the Norand can do things that this synth can’t. But I agree as a fellow Mk1 owner that this synth looks pretty good.

:thinking: Looks small enough to get onto the desk without anyone noticing I’ve been buying new kit!
…”This old thing, I’ve had it for years” :lying_face:

Seriously though, looks nice, had loads of fun with the original Uno, although I might struggle with that tiny screen.

5 Likes

I had the undo synth pro desktop and didn’t like the touch keys. Had thought how better it would be in this format so defo interested

Uno synth pro desktop was the only synth I have ever bought and returned (thanks Amazon!). I still have my original UNO (like that its battery powered)

Great sound but Micro USB power was not good, noise and it came out a few times (power off!) so this dedicated power supply + USB C (and balanced outputs) was defiantly necessary.

I think it seems pricey now given all the Behringer synths and even a poly monologue or Hydrasynth explorer, mini freak- you get a lot of synths now-a days for 4-500…ultimately it will come down a lot (the original UNO Pro did) and IK love a sale. I expect this will be more like 250 very soon…

1 Like

Yeah no way would I pay the full price. Will definitely be reduced

I agree, everything looks good except the price. That price range really has some big fish it cant compete against. It will be interesting to see how Behringer potentially disrupts the pricing of mono (and to some extend poly) synths.

Do you by any chance remember how much they lowered the price back then?

The sound really is good, the filters are great, bass mode is nice also the onboard effects are excellent, mode matrix are fast on this one.

1 Like

Ik Multimedia Uno Synth Pro Desktop Analogue Synth - Signal Sounds

£214 now for the original Pro, that less than half price I think and they are the same synth/sounds.

More knobs than regular pro desktop, but same synth engine and still has shared controls for oscillators, envelopes, LFOs, effects etc. I don’t understand how they came up with £599 for this.

1 Like

Uno Synth Pro was 459€ on release. Now its about 270€.
I’ll predict Uno synth Pro X will be down to 399€ pretty fast.

It’s got some nice grit to the sounds. Still consistently disappointed that no one wants to make a full set in a box. We can run a computer in the palm of our hands, but no one can make a proper 4-track polysynth without many compromises.

3 Likes