IK Multimedia UNO Drum

Personally, I own the Uno Synth and like it a lot. I think it sounds pretty great. I had the Uno Drum and returned it pretty quickly. It’s just noisy and not in a nice, lofi kind of way. The Synth has weird glitches that I don’t particularly mind for my purposes (run from my Digitakt to play baselines). But I wouldn’t trust the thing live. I just don’t think they’re well built.

So yeah, I wouldn’t recommend them. Selling them is also an issue since transferring registration isn’t straightforward. I bought mine second hand from Guitar Center and got the impression that getting a registration number would have been an ordeal if I would have bought it from a private party.

Thanks for the input. I’m just considering my options and I’m not in a hurry so I won’t rush to buy anything. I have read a couple of other reviews that suggest they might just be a little bit too cheap and there are small problems as a result. I already own a Model:Samples and I may just get a modest audio interface so I can record those two machines together into a DAW and jam/mix them that way.

Tools now exist to install samples of your choice to the uno (not just the packs from ik). Very interesting development!

2 Likes

Also seems people have figured out a way to mod for individual outs. There’s a photo on the Facebook group if you can stomach wading through the mess to find it.

https://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/photos/a.10150212082800147/10162917454580147/

1 Like