If your Elektrons were foods, what would they be?

If your Elektron boxes were a food, which one wound they be? Just a fun little thread, I assure you I am not under the influence :smile:. I’ll start.

Digitakt - bacon and cheese sandwich … really filling and powerful, super clean sound but is an overall simple box

Digitone - soup … can be really clean and natural or really full and powerful. Either sweet or sour. As complicated as you make it.

Machinedrum - microwaveable hotpocket … Beefy, meaty, creamy, but also had a digital/preservative feel to it. (In a good way).

My Octatrack would be some kind of cross kitchen dish. Classic Scandinavian cuisine cooked at a hot, sizzling American barbecue with all kinds of strange shit thrown into the mix.

At some point, the party would get out of hand, everyone would start talking in reverse, pitch their voices up and down and move erratically sometimes, to the beat sometimes, as the LFO’s kicked in for real. And don’t even get me started on the crossfader dessert.

2 Likes

Shelled nuts, thinking walnut. Once you’ve cracked them, they offer the reward

3 Likes

Fastfood

1 Like

Cheating a little but my Octatrack would be like one of those wonderful world buffets. The indian, Chinese, Italian dishes might not quite stack up to something from a dedicated restaurant but having them all on one plate in unlimited supply is frankly amazing.

You leave the buffet confused at how you managed to consume so much and baffled at how you managed to fill (and clear) those plates but the end result is a full belly and a feeling of accomplishment.

2 Likes

No explaining on my part…

Digitakt - lambs brains
ARmkii - kofta balls
A4mkii - beef stroganoff

That is all…

2 Likes

Octatrack - Fugu
Digitakt - Wasabi
Digitone - Wagyu
A4 - Kimchi
AR - Ferrero Rocher

3 Likes

Octatrack Spaghetti Bolognese
A4 Beef Broth
Rhythm Crackerbread

2 Likes

Digitone - pancakes with maple syrup
Digitakt - fried chicken
Octatrack - Pizza with various toppings

2 Likes

Machindrum UW=Spinach

Analog Keys = Baguette from the boulangerie.

Analog Heat = olive oil

Octatrack=Salami

1 Like

Smart.

1 Like