If you had to choose one Synth and one FX box(pedal)

if i had to zoom up a mountain i would have to go with nanoloop 2.x on the game boy advance and an og sp404. fm, resampling, and that classic overpowered compressor is all i’d need :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Prophet Rev2 and Eventide Space for Ambient music :slightly_smiling_face:

Interesting, almost no one feels the need for a physical ( in the sense of keys and chords more than button and sliders ) interface…

I would go OT and probably Osmose if it was released by that time. Else,Continuum or Quantum.

at the moment it’d have to be my Deckard’s through a Meris Mercury 7, but I need the Seaboards to control it. Reason being that whilst it’s not the most versatile of synths, nothing else beats it for the sheer joy of noodling around on it in MPE. I could listen to it for hours. Indeed, I very often do when I just turn it on for “a quick play”.

2 Likes

Gonna be a total cliché, but my Digitone and EHX Platform

MC-707 and Boss VF-1

1 Like

Digitone + ZOIA.
Feels like such setup should cover all grounds ^^

1 Like

I’m coming with BRT :alien:

Results are in. Spread a bit thin, but here are those that got at least a couple of votes:

Synths:
Digitone (10)
Monomachine (5)
Octatrack (4)
Prophet Rev2 (3)
Novation Peak (2)
Lyra 8 (2)
Digitakt (2)
Moog One (2)
Analog RYTM (2)
OP1 (2)

FX:
Octatrack (12)
Empress Zoia (7)
Analog Heat (5)
Kaoss Pad 3 (5)
Strymon Big Sky (3)
Eventide Space (2)
Source Audio Ventris (2)
Meris Mercury 7 (2)
Quadraverb (2)
Chase Bliss Mood (2)

A couple of things in there are apparently held in higher regard than I realised (Digitone, Zoia…).

Useful thread for gear ideas (if not my bank balance :see_no_evil:)

3 Likes

I d go with AR + H9

OT and Zoia are perfect brother and sister

Synth: Monomachine
FX: another Monomachine :wink:

1 Like

Moog Subharmonicon
Source Audio Collider (I would have chose Nemesis + Ventris, though)

1 Like

in that particular case i choose Lyra-8 + Zen Delay to bring the elders and me closer to whatever transcendend delight we’re aspiring to :slight_smile:

Analog Rytm (Mk2 instead of my Mk1) and Zen Delay (i’d like one).

MC-707 and another MC-707 ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

the answer why is obvious — excellent synth, very good FX.
running the output of one 707 through FX of another could lead to something interesting that can’t be done with a single 707.

A Prophet 12, keyboard version, and a Chase Bliss Blooper.

2 Likes

UDO Super 6 and a Echo Fix EF-X2.

What I want are instruments with interfaces that are immediate and fun to use, with known limitations but capable of a wide variety of sound and which reward experimentation.

2 Likes

but if that is considered cheating, then …

1 Like

Maschine + and Analog Heat

1 Like