Identical projects and setup on two separate Octatracks

Hey Elektronauts, first topic here

I’m thinking of getting a second Octatrack MK1, and basically copy my full, current live set project with all data, over to a second CF-card and in to the new Octatrack. So basically I want to run the exact identical things on both Octatracks?

How would I go about this? Also keeping in mind that as I add new material to one of them, I then as smoothly as possible need to get the same content over to the second one.

Thanks a lot!

Hi
I have 2 OTs but the cards contains different material.
I guess you would have to decide which of the cards that should be “Master” and copy this card to your computer/hard drive and transfer to the other OT/card

Hey, thanks for the fast reply!
Yeah, I think so too, one is the master. I guess when I then pull it from the laptop I would have to manually delete the content of the second card or “replace all” or similar… what do you reccon?
Afraid though that there could be a risk of hiccups and bugs when doing this many times? :thinking:

Thanks!

This seems like a simple computer copy/paste operation. Delete the content of the secondary card and copy the content of the main card - standard stuff. If you are not confident about the operation, you could practice by copying from one directory to another. And always use common sense to ensure that you don’t lose data. Otherwise, this would be simple and standard…

Hey! Glad to hear it’s as easy as that. I wasnt sure if it were that simple or if the technical setup of the octatrack required some separate process to make sure it worked on both machines.

Delete and then copy paste it is then!

…sounds like ur missing out on the most simple but pretty important thing in all ot management…

having ur card content backup on ur desktop…

it’s one thing to use the ot as nothing but the hw device it is…
but likewise it’s a total gamechanger if u start to use it as a most straight forward time shared expansion of ur computer…

ur ot’s card slot is nothing but another mass storage device showing up on ur desktop once set into usb mode and connected via any standard usb cable…take all the advantage that comes with this…

:ok_hand::ok_hand:

Just to clarify: been using the OT as mainly a stem and performance unit for the last 2.5 years and love it! Now I’m simply contemplating wether or not to get anotherone to add a more fluid experience to my live sets :slight_smile: still have LOTS to discover with it!

Thanks for the help people

Beat me to it - alway have a regular backup anyhow so you should have a Master Octatrack folder ready to go for your second one regardless!