Ideas for a mono synth to compliment the sounds of the analog four mk2

I put a picture of the patch up when I put up the song in our music. I’ll try and dig it out later

It’s nice to have more than one mother 32, especially when creating basslines

I’ll find it then, no need to work more on my behalf - thank you very much for replying!

1 Like

+1 for moog mother-32. It has internal sequencer so you can sync it through midi and use CV tracks for something else.
Here is a recording of mother-32 connected to analog four and processed through its internal effects.

The main arp is mother-32 the rest is A4 mk1.
I also tried Dreadbox Erebus but to send notes to it you would have to use CV tracks or computer with daw (which I tried to avoid).

Listening to the two Mother 32 related demos here as my feeling really good about my recent pretty random purchase of one (great job on both the two of you, something to like in each of those tracks). It was just bullshitting with a friend on the phone about having conquered my holiday season GAS and he starts one about “you know though…I REALLY think a Mother 32 would fit in well with your set up and the music you like to make…you can probably get one for 450 used on a good day…yea…go look on Reverb.com…there is one for 475? Not bad…”

A few minutes later I’d sent and offer and we ended up at $450 out the door. It gets here Tuesday (or there abouts). I will report back synth people.

For some reason is its the only Moog that has every interested me (yes, I realize I’m some kind of heathen that should be slaughtered). I think the A4 will really bring the M32 to life, also given that its got a lot of internal modulation options onboard already.

Good choice!

Straight Forward east Coast Synthesizer.

Hi guys what about the moog minitaur? Nobody speak about the mini/microbrute too.

Neither about Korg MS20 Korg Monologue

I think a synth with cv gate input is more relevant to use with A4

Beginners never listen advices from the old or the experienced one… so they, learn from their own mistake even if they advised throughfully. Generation after generation we repeat the same process…it is a beautiful loop. Anyway then if people have money… i’m glad for them.

Perception : studio pro / reality : homestudio

1 Like

Perhaps he only intends to use the A4 strictly as a poly and needs a mono to accompany it?

Either way, GAS attacks are a hard thing to control, can’t blame him :smiley:

The Moog and 0Coast have a very different sound than the A4 and can free it up for poly duties. They also take up little real estate. If its not going to bankrupt you there’s no harm in experimenting.

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/cBjst5tp2V8 Heres a really cool video for ya!

1 Like

Hi all,

A quick post from the guy who started this thread. I’ve read every comment and agree with a lot and disagree with some. Although I’m a beginner I’ve taken the last 6 months to learn synthesis and understand what my ears are tuned to before venturing into buying any hardware. I’m not blind to makin* mistakes in purchasing kit but I want to be able to use it in the way I want to once I’ve bought it. Having spent the last 15 years enjoying various electro acoustic guitars I now want to play musical synthesis.

A monosynth I see as just an extension of that. Please continue to give me good or bad advice. I love reading it and I’m sure others do too.

Happy new year.

3 Likes

I would argue that when learning the A4 completely, it sure would be nice to have a monosynth to compliment it. Definitely one with cv inputs, and the output back into the ext inputs.
Hell, throw in a couple guitar pedals.
Sick set up

2 Likes

Aside the aspect being a nice and powerful synth, the Blofeld has one flaw and I’m not talking about the encoders or some LFO-bugs, a single complex voice can take up much energy at the whole frequency-spectrum. Take a spectrum-analyzer and see for yourself…
This synth has to be tamed… anyway, i love it

1 Like

and regarding the mono-synth you are looking for, take a look at the MFB Dominion Key,

this synth has a sound, far more better than the Moog in my opinion

I have the Grandmother now which is awesome long with the Octatrack. But I am also pondering a final analogue synth to complete my setup either the dominion one or the analogue solutions fusebox. Any thoughts?

1 Like

I think that Erebus mk3 is coming pretty soon with a 3rd oscillator and the same price tag…
This is gonna make a pretty decent companion !
:tongue:

1 Like

Famous last words.

3 Likes