Ideas for a mono synth to compliment the sounds of the analog four mk2

You’re going to have to join the queue, seriously! I’m regretting letting this slip. if you get one before me :rage::grinning:

Personally I like “more analog” w the A4. I dont mind doing the digital sounding stuff in my DAW though. To me the A4 actually has a pretty particular character that doesnt suffer from more subtractive analog synthesis

I think a lot of people here are more into that live ham approach which is fun, but doesnt work for me as a way to actually finish tunes. Anyway…/derail

Oh, I’m sure :sunglasses:

That thing is badass. I like the onboard delay.

I get you :wink:

Plus I don’t have an A4, so I don’t know what I’m talking about in that regard. It might be cool to go mono modular for all I know, then one could build a custom case and such and also have a lot of versatility.

I stayed away from the CV aspect of the A4 for a long time. I’ve had an MS-20 mini for about a year as my second synth and just getting into controlling the MS-20 with the A4. Now I’ve gone and bought a Mother-32. I keep telling myself I’m not going modular.

The worst part about Eurocrack is that unlike other drugs, the first hit isn’t free…

1 Like

wow - that is impressive! I would love some tips in the direction of that “vocoder” sound!

1 Like

@Grim_Erland

Ha ha it took me a while to work out what you were referring to then I remembered I posted a song near the start of the thread.

Had a quick look at the song to see what I did.

The initial sample was a vocoder recording, acquired from a remix of world in my eyes.

All effects stock Logic X

1. Bitcrusher: drive 3db, 8 bit resolution, downsapling 1, 100 % mix
  2. EQ: Voice-Over Eq, to bring it more to the foreground
  3. Gain: -4.2db, this amount is up to you really but is what fitted best for the sample I used.
  4. Tape delay: 2000ms 1/4 note, .2hz lfo, 70% dry, 30% wet, 16% feedback
    5 Pitchshift: 12 semitones, 42 cents, 21% mix, 10 ms delay

And at the end is a short fade out.

Hope this of some help :slight_smile:

He he, right - I was wondering if it was some sort of miraculous Mother 32 patch :slight_smile: Its great sounding anyway, and I’m now interested in your 32 recording chain!

And thanks for the settings as well - appreciate your time!

The recording was pretty straight forward.

For the song I controlled the Mother 32’s via logic midi. I have the top Mother 32 set to receive the midi input and it then controls the second mother 32 via cv. This way i can get a thicker bass plus adjust the filter to make it more interesting.

The changes in sound where done manually by adjusting the filter, resonance and pulse width etc. as I recorded the audio.

The percussion was created with a patch i used that provides Bass. toms, Snares and Hi hat by just adjusting the Mother 32’s keyboard octave. I recorded these in as one hits then copy and pasted them into place within logic, though it could have been done on the mother 32 sequencer also but I wanted separate percussion tracks so I could thicken up the Kick.

It’s actually a pretty simple song with the variation coming with random knob tweaking and then finished with a few logic effects.

cool stuff, and thats the thing here…youve made me really want a second one :slight_smile: thats really neat with the percussion patch, Ill try to figure that one out - theres not a video somewhere is it? Cheers again!

I put a picture of the patch up when I put up the song in our music. I’ll try and dig it out later

It’s nice to have more than one mother 32, especially when creating basslines

I’ll find it then, no need to work more on my behalf - thank you very much for replying!

1 Like

+1 for moog mother-32. It has internal sequencer so you can sync it through midi and use CV tracks for something else.
Here is a recording of mother-32 connected to analog four and processed through its internal effects.

The main arp is mother-32 the rest is A4 mk1.
I also tried Dreadbox Erebus but to send notes to it you would have to use CV tracks or computer with daw (which I tried to avoid).

Listening to the two Mother 32 related demos here as my feeling really good about my recent pretty random purchase of one (great job on both the two of you, something to like in each of those tracks). It was just bullshitting with a friend on the phone about having conquered my holiday season GAS and he starts one about “you know though…I REALLY think a Mother 32 would fit in well with your set up and the music you like to make…you can probably get one for 450 used on a good day…yea…go look on Reverb.com…there is one for 475? Not bad…”

A few minutes later I’d sent and offer and we ended up at $450 out the door. It gets here Tuesday (or there abouts). I will report back synth people.

For some reason is its the only Moog that has every interested me (yes, I realize I’m some kind of heathen that should be slaughtered). I think the A4 will really bring the M32 to life, also given that its got a lot of internal modulation options onboard already.

Good choice!

Straight Forward east Coast Synthesizer.

Hi guys what about the moog minitaur? Nobody speak about the mini/microbrute too.

Neither about Korg MS20 Korg Monologue

I think a synth with cv gate input is more relevant to use with A4