Iconnectivity midi 4 in standalone mode?

What about the op-1?p with the iconnect?

It depends on how the driver is written. Some devices may be using the class compliant MIDI 1.0 standard, while only needing an ASIO driver for the audio aspect of the hardware. If you can connect the hardware to your computer and pass MIDI without a manufacture driver being installed, you should be good. Although, I would need to try it to be absolutely sure. We have ran into a few situations when a manufacture of MIDI hardware has claimed to be class compliant, when in fact they are not ā€œtrulyā€ compliant with the MIDI 1.0 spec. Although, we are working on a firmware update to overcome compatibility issues with these devices and our ā€˜host portā€™.

Yes it can - The OP-1 makes a great companion/controller to the IPad.You can control IPad synth knobs,play keys,etc.There is also a neat Lemur template that lets you control the OP-1 synth engines via the IPad.You can even use iFile to backup the internal memory of the OP-1 and copy files between the two devices without using a computer or iTunes.

The two complement each other nicely.You can sample web stuff such as YouTube,etc. into the OP-1, mess around with it and then write it back into one of the many multitrack programs on the IPad such as Auria,Cubasis,etc.

Hey have you guys got a shipment on its way to awave in Melbourne? Iā€™m one the 100 people awaiting their order

I just got mine this past week and Iā€™m looking forward to setting it up over the weekend. I plan on running a USB hub with an MPD18, LPK25, and Nanokontrol2 plugged into as well as an iPad Mini running Lemur/touchable/synths. The MIDI ports sold me as I have MIDI capability on both my guitar pedalboards and plan on grabbing a Minitaur and external drum machine (RYTM maybe?).

Also, hello forum!

I just got mine and after all this time I cant use it because it ships with a lightning connector now not the 30 pin for my ipad 3. So another $50. JUst curious - is there anything ā€œspecialā€ about their cables? They call it an ā€œinlineā€ cable but its got this little pocket that Im sure theres some circuitry in - and both the lightning and the USB2 both seem to have itā€¦ Id much rather get an adaptor or swap the cable for the right one with my dealer which should be the caseā€¦ Sorry for my winge but I really need to know about this cable

check their youtube channel, lots of videos there!
i use mine 4+ every day in the studio, with ipad as audiosource or controller for hardwaresynths or controlling the computerā€¦
you can do the programming easy on the ipad with their free app.

1 Like

If anyone is having trouble with a class compliant MIDI device not connecting using the ā€˜Host Portā€™, please make sure you are running the latest firmware for your iConnectMIDI4+. We have recently put out an update that helped with ā€˜host portā€™ support. http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI4plus/downloads
Once iConfig is running, choose (Device >Upgrade Firmware)
If you are still having trouble, please create an inquiry for support here: www.iconnectivity.com/support

@Dogma - Yes, iConnectivityā€™s USB-B connection cables do have special electronics to meet the spec of Apple and the iConnectivity interface. The only adapter we recommend is the ā€˜Apple 30-pin to lightning adaptorā€™. You would not be able to use USB adapters with the ā€˜Device Portsā€™ in order to connect a supported computing device (OSX, iOS, and Windows). Although, a standard USB (Type A Male to Type B Male) cable can be used with the ā€˜Device Portsā€™ when connecting to a computerā€™s USB port.

To all IConnectivity4+ owners:

Does everything work as expected?

I want to use it to hook up several USB controllers (nanokontrol, akai stuff ā€¦), merge with classic 5pin- controllers, and give it all to the OT.

Yes?

I have Akai MPD32 and KM QuNexus, Bass Station2, and MicroBrute connect to the USB host port and A4, Virus B, Octatrack, and MKS-70 on the DIN ports. Ipad and PC on the computer host ports

I had no issues with the MIDI side. I do have few issues with the Audio Pass thru when using it with the Ipad. Itā€™s no big deal for me since I donā€™t use the IPAD as a sound source much.

One issue that did come up lately is the the new Korg Electribe 2 USB midi is not recognized by the iC4 USB host port for some reason. Electribe 2 works fine connected directly to the computer USB and the Ipad using the camera kit.

So I guess you canā€™t assume iC4+ will work with all the USB midi.

Yes it works, I have QuNexus, BeatStep Pro and iPad sending and receiving Midi to the AR and A4.