I want to sing vocals with my Elektronic Gear

Has anyone tried playing guitar/banjo/flute/sax into one of these?

Honestly wish there weren’t so many choices haha.

But exploring singing again would be really fun.

How do you successfully monitor and sing with these? I remember trying on my RC-505 but it always sounded so different than what I was hearing while recording. Eventually got rid of it, but these boxes have wild FX!

This is a weird kind of GAS…

Ignore alarm!!

1 Like

I’ve been watching this thread and I am really intrigued. Never knew hardware existed for this in such a small size. I am quite curious about using one with acoustics and vocals!

Thanks for the alarm though :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I received the PVE this morning, can’t try till tonight!
I think fx are the same.

Great ! I’ll keep you updated when I’ll have time to try this new box.

I am also following and found they have one specifically for acoustic.

1 Like

Oh interesting… thanks!

1 Like

Also interested and following here. But not so into spending on gear ATM so I will be happy to read all your reviews.

Meanwhile I will chain some pedals through an OT, practising my gibberish: kiddos laugh, wife rolls eyes. Hahahaha

1 Like

From the P VE manual:
“Adaptive Tone
Tone automatically adds EQ (equalization), Compression, De-Ess and Gate to your overall vocal sound. Tone is enabled by default and we highly recommend leaving it on.”

My experience so far is that it sounds really good and creates a very well produced vocal sound. The Double effect also sounds great.

I run it into OT and I’m able to sing directly in front of my monitors since I bought a really good feedback resistant condenser mic.

2 Likes

Do you mind sharing which one?

Sure, it is the Earthworks SR40V. It is crazy expensive and I’m sure there are less expensive choices that’ll work just fine but that’s the one I wanted. Have a look at the Neumann KMS 105 or watch Anton Browne’s YT channel for reviews.

Cheapest one : Perform VE integrated one. I was surprised to have sound without a mic plugged!

I have about 30 mics. I may have a good one!
I have an U87, wasn’t working last time I tried it. :sleepy:
Need to find a tech…

1 Like

Good to know it has one built in!

Thanks for that detailed response.

research intensifies

So I perform few shows with the TC Helicon Perform V and I really like the sound of this FX. Here is how our voice FX path is set up :

1. SM57 (or 58, not sure about this one)
  2. Perform V with doubling fully engaged, half reverb, full but short delay. Also anti feedback + EQ/Comp/De-esser
  3. Zoom MS70CDR with chorus

This is super simple to set up and if we need to change something it’s fast and easy. The FXs are good and the anti-feedback works really well, even when the mic is just in front of the speaker, we did not hear any feedback. Lights are maybe a bit to bright but that’s not a big deal.

Well, for 150 bucks, that’s a good set and forget pedal that give the spices a lot of singer need.

Now I’m looking for a wild delay pedal to get crazy feedback, does anyone think about something ?

1 Like

Anyone uses a headset microphone? I want to be Anthony Rother.

Song for my son recorded with Perform VE, he had to learn a poem and a cup rhythm but he’s lazy.

2 Likes

Ahhh your such a softy :smiley_cat:

1 Like