I want to sing vocals with my Elektronic Gear

Oh my bad misunderstood what you were saying, so sort of like a vocoder but without the synth/instrument going into it

Exactly! And the cool thing about the vt-4 is that it keeps the pitch of the last note you played. This is great for singing fast without having to also play fast on the keyboard or trying out different rythmic patterns with the vocals.

3 Likes

Sounds interesting, id like to try it with an arp or a sequencer. Bet it would be fun

3 Likes

So what is you experience with it?
I discoverd it today reading a thread about VT4 I was about to buy. Now I want a Perform VE!

Seems really better, with more fx, vocoder with midi control, sampling, looper, drums (midi controlled, loop quantize), up to 6 footswitches

The sample is timestretched and morph and other fx can be applied.
Firmware 2.0 also adds Aux in looping.

4 Likes

Yeah that vocal sampling synthesis seems very useful and fun.
Though I’m happy with my VT-4 I’ll have a look at this too.

1 Like

Yes I think the VE is better and If I were to chose now I’d go for the VE. It seems to have some great extra features that the VT-4 doesn’t have. Also more reverb and delay types which is not that good in the VT-4 (the reverb is too low and can’t go big/long). But there’s only one knob on the VE, the VT-4 has 4 knobs + 4 sliders. A comparison of the autotune quality and pitch shifting would be interesting.

1 Like

Yep. But access to many parameters and probably better midi implementation for VE ! (Without sysex need).
Automatic Eq / Comp :thinking:. Not sure if it’s possible to add 3rd, 7th etc without external midi.
I hope it will be fine

The looper is a big plus for me : mini config with my guitar + hx stomp, with quantized drums. :thup:
(I don’t brig my OT everywhere !)

3 Likes

Everything about that video, and singer, was way more impressive than I thought it would be.

I’d love private lessons with her. :content:
Really good keyboardist too! Impressive harmonies. (I would have also liked to hear direct harmonies without the sample feature).

1 Like

I wonder if you have to play the keyboard legato or with progressive chord if you don’t want to retrigger the sample

Answer :

1 Like

These three guys experiment with different sounds and settings.
The vocal synthesis does sound good.

1 Like

It was not easy to find.
Firmware 2.0 Feature Updates:

Auxiliary input routed through looper:
The auxiliary input is now recorded into the looper along with the vocal signal. Once recorded into a loop, the auxiliary signal can be removed from a loop in the same fashion as vocals - hold the “Set” button and press the “loop” corner of the “Looper” button.

Moved drum sample triggers to MIDI notes:
Instead of using the previous MIDI CC’s to trigger the drum samples, now particular MIDI notes sent on MIDI Channel 10 will trigger the drum samples. They are as follows:
MIDI Note 36 = C2 = Bass Drum
MIDI Note 38 = D2 = Snare Drum
MIDI Note 42 = F#2 = Hi Hat

Variable Gender Morphing:
The first Style on the Morph button (blue ring) now has a full ring of variable gender from constant to full keyboard mapping before going through 9 analog synth vocoder waveforms. This gives a nice gradient between formant-preserved and fully-instrumental.

Added the ability to ignore incoming MIDI CC’s, PC’s, and MIDI clock:
Hold the “Set” button while powering on your Perform-VE to ignore incoming MIDI Control Change, Program Change, and clock data. MIDI notes are still accepted in this mode. This is a volatile setting, so rebooting your Perform-VE will re-allow all MIDI data.

Enhanced behaviour of the XFX effect’s Stutter style 1:
No more double-click, no pause/resume function, removed energy detection. Now it’s much easier to create stutter effects.

MIDI/Lead mix stored in preset:
This used to be a global setting shared by all presets. Now, the MIDI voice level (blue) and LEAD voice level (green) are now stored per-preset.

Bug Fixes:

The Morph effect’s Gender parameter is no longer applied to the Double effect

Fixed a bug where clipping an MP-75 or MCA100 could lock up the UI

More reliable detection of Switch-3 and Switch-6 on power-up

The Double effect was tweaked to sound active when Hardtune is enabled

(https://community.musictribe.com/t5/News/Perform-VE-New-2-0-firmware-update-is-live/td-p/280586)

3 Likes

Apparently Perform VE looper can be synced to external midi clock.

i’ve been singing to my trax since day one

tried everything for vox make up and special fx and vocoding

had really nice results with boss vox box stuff
had the very first one
blue and orange, which seems to me must have been the grand dad of that gadget here

but

best results and now since a decade in at least hundred shows a year prooved rock solid in vocal make ups and add fx is the tc helicon stuff

have various models of them. fixed built in three live rigs, always depending on the event/tour main mission
most of the time it’s the tc voive live two
that even adds a full choir
in realtime!!!

but all the other models offer all the rest of options exactly the same

so this might be the way better solution

even offers hard tune, some autotune kind of thing in hardware, with scales n shit

seems to be their newest model

but they’re looking back on more than a decade of special know how for live vocals

so, u can’t go wrong for real with these

3 Likes

I have ordered the Perform VE and should be able to do a comparison with the VT-4 soon.

3 Likes

lmao they couldn’t just call it formant?

3 Likes

Ordered P VE too! I didn’t order VT4 for comparison though. :smile:

I already can say Perform VE lacks automatic harmony. You need to send it midi notes if you want 3rd, 7th, etc and it’s not relative to your voice. VT4 does it, some others Perform too.

Great :grinning:

That is surprising and a bit disappointing. Maybe we can request it for an update.
I did buy it mainly for the sample synthesis and the better effects.
I can always send it back if it doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

Just to let you know guys know i ordered the VT-4 and it makes my voice a thing of wonder lol(finally im going to do lyrics with electronic music). The standout feature is pitch correction as im totally flat. Its very subtle and with harmony and a bit of reverb added is cool. (i can do a bit of Kraftwerk now as well). Happy days.

4 Likes

Confirmed by Robbie, I asked there :
https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Musician/Perform-VE/m-p/287848/highlight/true#M65754