I want to change my MD. Good idea?

The A4 is an amazing analog drum synth. Do you have the FM drum packs? I’ve been using the OT to trigger drums in multi mode on the A4, but I think you could do the same with the DN. Even possibly use the DN’s arp. What I do quickly is fill the sound pool on the A4 with different drum patches and then set the multi mode channel to be triggered by a midi track on the OT. Then I just play the 128 A4 drum patches in the sound pool in chromatic mode on the OT. Play out a pattern in live record mode. When it gets funky, record it into a track in the A4. Then plock… Anyways, I think the A4 is possibly the best drum synth ou there.

4 Likes

Keep it! Everyone I know who sold it (including me) wanted it back later at some point.

3 Likes

i too, have always rebought it eventually after selling. although it is used the least these days, i won’t sell it again.

1 Like

You’re completely right running MD
thru analog gear just sound better good point.

1 Like

You’re on the right path try to get the +drive and you’re machine will get more room and options sample wise and you add more value to your MDUW and for the analog gear try to find something that you like .

I use a Soldano SP77 (mono) for guitar or an DSI Mono Evolver and the MD sounds really good thru analog gear for me it’s s irreplaceable. Everybody like punchy Drums :slight_smile:

1 Like

MD for president :us:
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

The MD is great and the + drive can be inspiring but to me that is mainly if one has an UW version. Since that is not the case with the OP I would not recomend getting a + drive. If you don’ t need the money maybe just put it aside for a while…

I think i will keep the md some time again and sell it. And go to modular drum. Its a SPS1 MKII no-uw. From 2015
What’s the good price ? 650/700 ?

Oh gosh, depending.

I bought a MK1 UW for about that price.

Average price on MKII I’ve been seeing since I bought my MK1 in May has been around $1300 -$2500 depending on condition, and if all the original packaging is included.

I will buy it if you want to ever sell your MD! Well that or Rytm if I don’t go modular drum route which is never boring :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its a SPS1 MKII no-uw from 2015 with original PSU + manual + box.
… so ?

Super interresting point !! And i have the DN… so i can sequence the A4 with the DN’s 4 midi channels and use only 1 track on my A4 ? I need to learn multimode.

The dn also has an arp, which when triggering the A4 in multimode can do very interesting things

1 Like

So now i wait for my DN back from Elektron :))
And yes i always want to sell the MD.

Wait? Digitone sending Arp on MIDI tracks? I thought this wasn’t a thing.

2 Likes

What we want is it send retrig via MIDI :wink:

IM GONNA KEEP ASKING HAHAHA

1 Like

Oops. I don’t have a DN, so I just assumed the arp sent midi. No bueno

1 Like

You! Well… No :blush:

dooont do it :innocent:

1 Like

It’s really convenient with old fx gear, MD has a lot of personnality

1 Like