I think I've just killed my new digitakt without even using it..please help

Hey guys, I bought a second hand digitakt here in Brasil (it’s rare to come across one down here) and with all the excitement I turned in the wrong voltage, I think I’m smelling a strange smell inside the machine, the display also showed elektron before turned off, definitely, did I just broke the thing?

Any fuses I could try switching or something?

I feel like shit right now I’ve saved two months worth of salary to get one and there’s nobody else to blame but me.

Relax
register the unit
Check if it’s under warranty
Open a ticket on the elektron website
Stay positive

Hope your unit can work again

5 Likes

…calm down…
so…make sure u use the proper power supply from elektron…if u burned anything, pretty sure u “only” fucked up the power supply…the machine itself is pretty safe from to much voltage…
and if it get’s less, it just messes around in mailfunctions or don’t power up at all…

dunno what kind of voltage is common in brasil…might be be this 120 v something like in third world united states also…

but pretty sure ur takt is still fine…might consider some rechargeable powerblock battery thing to run it in the future…

and yup…write to elektron support, tell them ur situation and get the right power supply from them again…they won’t charge u much…no worries…

2 Likes

Try to wait for elektron response and I suggest don’t open the unit

2 Likes

…but let’s hope, it was working before u purchased it…
was the second hand price reasonable to common second hand market…?
it can only be damaged if any liquid gets inside while it’s powered…

but that smell is most commonly just plastic on the circuits and from the buttons…nothing to worry about…
my elektron machines all smell funny…
test if the push encoder all turn fine and can be pushed easily…
that’s most expensive to exchange…
sorry that u gotto hold back ur excitement a little longer…but all will be fine…

2 Likes

Thank everyone for the support and quick responses, I bought a similar power supply and I worked, I can now finally say I’m a owner of a digitakt. Just for the responses I can tell this is a warm and welcoming community. Time to make some music!

23 Likes

Jajajaja good news you’re more than welcome! Saludos from Mexico City!

3 Likes

I once did the same with my Focusrite Forte, plugged in accidentally the adapter from my Waldorf PulseII. I know the feeling bro :slight_smile: