I think I've just found an incredible feature

Alright maybe a new era is about to begin right now:
What about 192 additional scenes?

I’m sequencing my rytm with the arturia beatstep pro and I tried to check if parameter locks work while my dual vco track is trigged by this external sequencer. They don’t work. In fact every internal sequencer data is ignored while receiving midi on that track (at least on the same steps).
BUT!!! something else is happening which for me is an incredible feature:

The trigless parameter locks that I’ve set become active for the whole running track when I hold down the step. <<

That means that every track that is sequenced by some other gear could have 16 additional scenes. Every one of them can be used TOGETHER with one of the regular scenes and is furthermore subject to one or several performances and/or velocity modulation.

Ok we need to confirm is this is due to a special Beatstep behaviour or if it works with other sequencers, too. I think it could even be a reason to get a Beatstep…

EDIT: The behaviour is independent from the selected track. So if you parameter lock step 1 on track 2 and 3 (which are both sequenced externally) and then press it down both “sequencer scenes” become active. I think this is even more useful.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rytm tips and tricks