I need to say it!

savage

Love the nod to Arrested Development :laughing:

I guess it was before OS 1.25C I had when I received my OT.

How would you compare that Chorus feedback with Flanger ?

Btw using Comb Filters with an lfo on tune can be very interesting as chorus or flanger. I got VERY interesting results using that lfo on tune with 2 serial Comb Filters with opposite feedback settings (negative and positive). Maybe an octave up pitch for negative feedback, not sure.

Using opposite settings also compensate the huge DC offset due to Comb Filters…

3 Likes

Yes it was 0.995

“Feedback could make the Chorus self resonate when using 4-5 stereo taps. Fixed”

It was pretty wild at max setting, good for metallic and crazy sounds, although my memory of it is a bit hazy…

2 Likes

I love comb filters in general and the one on the OT does not disappoint. It reminds me of the one in Renoise.

I like running drums through the OT comb filter and then resample and pitch it down, then resample again and slow it down more. Fun textures

2 Likes

"Playing" the comb filter using a custom LFO? - #5 by sezare56

19 Likes

That’s dope. Ok, I’m going to have to go make some comb filter melodies with the LFO designer now

1 Like

That was pretty sweet on that beat.

I have put my OT away for now. Been doing other things. Just using my xd module and layering occasionally over dubbing on my minikaoss pad. It’s been a refreshing experience.

The OT, Mmm so much you can say about it, love, like, get frustrated and not like about it. My synth is like my main thing, and the OT for the time I’ve had it I’ve got my head wrapped around what I wanted out of it. I feel bad for people that get stuck on the ‘I’m not using enough of what it can do.’

Been listening to a teacher who’s mp3 are atrocious and am wanting to load them into it and adjust the volume as it spikes and filter out the aliasing, and see if I’ve really learned how to smooth out something with the OT.

I’m really glad I have it, it is like an all in one that I’m happy with even with it’s technically minded approach. It brought me some mental structure in thinking on how to use things and it gives you that deep sea exploration of it’s features that will always have it’s beckoning. Not that I’m worried about whether or not I actually get to it all.

1 Like

listening to your music is what made me decide to buy an OT

1 Like

Oh that’s sweet !
I hope you’re happy with it and also not too much disappointed if I tell you that the music I make (at least the one that people know) is 0% Octatrack!
It’s 100% Ableton Live + MaxMSP.

3 Likes

and violin still?

Yep, and other analog instruments !
But let’s stick to the topic !

5 Likes

8 Likes

More than 2 samplers. To me.

3 Likes

I had the mki since the begining of Octa times and thought it deserves a friend in black

4 Likes

Has anyone got a rough idea of when the OG paintwork was phased out? Just out of idle curiosity to be honest. Guessing it must’ve been fairly quickly judging by how few of them are ever available or even seen in studio pics. I’m a tad sad and zoom in to check wherever I see one😂

Edit: At a guess I think it was probably about 2 years and came when the A4 and it’s smooth black appeared.

Probably. I bought mine almost 8 years ago, and it was a 3rd hand. I bought A4 after (2nd hand), different paintwork…

1 Like

Hahaha not at all, I can’t stand being in front of a computer to make my music. So even if you aren’t using the OT for production, I was still inspired. I also play a bit of violin so that helped a lot. I realized in your last album that you were probably using more of a DAW to mix all your compositions together.

For the the OT just came into my life/setup and just worked - it wasn’t a ‘oh my god I’m in love’ nor a ‘this is the end of the world’ it was just ‘the OT is and will ever be in my setup.’

2 Likes

I have the black mark 2 and I love it, but seeing these side by side makes me want the original. It’s kind of cooler looking! I know the look isn’t that important, but it just looks more badass