I need to say it!

The Octatrack is the best Elektron Box.

/dropsmic

40 Likes

:100:

10 Likes

Yes it is.

7 Likes

It was the worst Elektron box of the 7 I’ve owned for me, hated it. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Its a pain in the ass……

4 Likes

after the digitakt or before after the digitakt?

1 Like

The Digitakt is not in the same category.
It’s a simpler…

20 Likes

Well, you shouldn’ shove it then :laughing:

3 Likes

22 Likes

Le Digitakt is nice, but Octatrack is nicerer!

1 Like

I started using it as drum machine just like digitakt.
Perhaps you wanted too much from it? :wink:

1 Like

I’m lately tempted to pick up another - would be my 3rd. It’s almost like a drug or an addiction - in the true sense. Not like, for the end result. But as someone without one who isn’t using… u just wonder. If only I just got an Octatrack again, everything might be ok. Lol

In all seriousness though the Octatrack tugs at my sonic curiosities. It’s its modularity I find interesting. A little self contained sonic labyrinth. Modern Elektrons are more straightforward, but the OT can really surprise you. That’s such a valuable quality in an electronic music instrument.

5 Likes

Can confirm - it’s a very cool, mystifying, powerful, obtuse box of tricks.

5 Likes

I got rid of my Digitakt in favor of the Octatrack for this reason, but regretted it soon after. Sure, the Octatrack can fill that role, but eating up all those tracks for single shots started feeling like a waste when it’s capable of so much more. Fast forward a year later, and I’ve got a Digitakt back in the arsenal again. The Octatrack and Digitakt are probably the ultimate sampler combo to own.

5 Likes

Both at the same time sure is nice :wink:

1 Like

I couldn’t stand the UI, that was my biggest issue with it… at the time I got it I had a Digitakt and an Analog Four mk2… if the OT’s UI had been more like these two I might have stuck it out for longer. I added an AR mk2 and sold the OT, and haven’t missed it at all tbh.

And. just to really put my d*ck in the mash potatoes at the OT party… I can count on one hand how many people I’ve heard use an OT and sound like themselves… 99% of music I hear using an OT sounds like an OT… I don’t wanna sound like an OT.
Crossfade that one to a new scene. #micdrop
:smiley:

11 Likes

I’m currently experimenting with using the MIDI tracks for controlling an external drum synth - means the OT can still drive all my drums and samples but with fewer track sacrifices. If I really want sampling abilities on a drum part I can always sample into one of the tracks as I’m unlikely to be using all 8.

Biggest thing I’m missing, and it could be that I haven’t worked out what button combination I need to be pressing, is the visual feedback. Unless I’m going crazy the MIDI tracks don’t seem to trigger their LED’s in the same way that sample tracks do (even when you’re in MIDI mode). Minor thing but really helpful to see what’s happening.

@gekkonier

facts.

gonna be worth MnM money when it’s discontinued.

another fact :point_up_2:

4 Likes

Affirmative

MD(UW) for the win :yum:

3 Likes