I may need Elektron Anonymous

You mean I’m gonna have to sell my soul again? Don’t think so, that only happened with the Rytm.

4 Likes

It ain’t the gear…

1 Like

I’ve owned all of them (except SidStation and M:S) at some stage. Never had more than 3 at a time, though – that’s just some internal limit I hit after which I’m just unproductive. (I am now too, but for different reasons!)

A4 <-> OT <-> Syntakt now.

2 Likes

You know im glad you all here are more acceptable when people posts pics of gear.

Over in elektronauts facebook page, you get these people “post a track” or “do you actually play music or collect gear” type of crap. As if I have to prove anything to anyone.

face what?

But don’t tell them you can collect gear AND make music…

They could explode (too much info to process).

like that

SX1c

2 Likes

a year ago I had OT, DT, DN, and Analog Drive. The only electron box I still have is OT and I still use it almost every day. I really want the Analog Drive again but that’s about it. Currently I’m mostly using OT, Moog GM, Polyend Tracker, and the Field Kits. Microcosm and Zoia have me covered as far as effects for those boxes. For mobility it’s op-1 and op-z. Patiently waiting on my op-1 field. Seriously considering canceling and trying out Syntakt.

2 Likes

Happens a couple other places I frequent, too. This community in general is the most accepting, mature and kind music forum I’ve ever been a part of. And while everyone here is obviously into Elektron gear in some form, there’s a wide variety in setups, methods and music genres represented.

1 Like

While I’m currently sober, there’s not a day passing I don’t eye the Octatrack and wonder what would happen if I got it again.

6 Likes

Looks like you’ve also got a Chase Bliss habit – see what I did there??

2 Likes

….midi CC’s to your CXM….

3 Likes

I tried to resist the Syntakt. The past year I’ve been telling myself that my setup was finally complete. But then people started sharing their Syntakt stuff.

”The first one is free” they said…

2 Likes

The hot take would be that I found the analog engines underwhelming (meaning, not very flexible), the mk1 pads unplayable and the whole thing the most unintuitive of all Elektrons.

But in reality I spent way too little time with the Rytm in the two stints combined to really say anything about it. Except that both times it was up against the Machinedrum which I’m just head over heels in love with. As my music isn’t exactly hard-hitting techno, I felt I continuously had to try and tame the Rytm. So me not enjoying it was more ”my fault” than anything else.

1 Like

Most definitely addicted as well. Fell in love with OT, then Rytm, then MDmk2. Gassing very hard for a digitone. I’m so enamored with the idea of composing melodies/designing sounds within the paradigm of the elektron sequencer; it’s taken my drum programming game to a level I never though existed so I can’t imagine what it’ll do for melodic content

2 Likes