I may need Elektron Anonymous

So I think I’m becoming addicted to Elektron stuff lol.

Just got the Analog Four MK1 from UPS today and updated it to latest firmware and enjoying it and got a lot to learn!

Right now my set up is MPC ONE (not shown) into ANALOG FOUR MK1 into DIGITONE into SYNTAKT into DIGITAKT into LINE 6 HELIX (not shown) and then it goes back out of helix back into MPC ONE full circle, and also guitar goes into helix as well and I can record (along with anything else into helix) and make samples of it too in MPC ONE and even pass it on to DIGITAKT etc… etc… Also have boss sy-1000, chase bliss pedals and zoia pedal in helix fx loop.

I’m already wondering what elektron box to get next, maybe the RYTM lol.

17 Likes

You have drums covered by the Syntakt and Digitakt. Might as well get the Octatrack for some crazy mixer fun.

5 Likes

Welcome to the cult…er I mean club :slight_smile:
I’ve got the OT, MDUW, Digitone, AR and A4 had the MnM as well but sold it when the prices when loco (sort of regret it but someone bought it for enough for me to add 4 new synths to my arsenal)

I find that the people that Elektron gear ‘clicks’ with tend to go hard and end up with several boxes.

6 Likes

I’ve got ARmkii, OT and M:C. I
I treat the M:C as a toy to play with on train journeys so “it doesn’t count”. I’m interested in something that has “a lot of synths in a small space”, and can’t decide between A4, DN or ST. So I’ll probably get two of them eventually.

Definitely addicted.

1 Like

What stand are you using. It looks the perfect rack for boxes. Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I got a few of them off ebay awhile back but don’t remember exact name but they’re “DJ laptop stands”. Can find these for under $25 most places… Amazon has them too.

I think M:C counts more than a toy :smiley: I had it and samples 2 years ago and enjoyed them but at that time I was in a different state of mind and didn’t get into them much. If you like M:C sounds then you’d enjoy ST for sure as it has quite a bit of that cycles thing going on.

I haven’t explored A4 enough as I just got it but it has a lot of synths in a small space and so does digitone and it’s smaller form factor then A4 too. I think having both of them would fit nicely too for you!

1 Like

Stop enabling me :joy:

1 Like

So at the start of January, the only Elektron gear I had was a Model:Cycles (which I’ve since sold).

Since then I have bought:

Analog Four mk1
Analog Rytm mk2 (sold it)
Analog Heat mk2
Model:Samples (sold it)
Syntakt
Octatrack mk2 (on the way)

In fact, the only bit of gear I own now that I owned in January is my Quadraverb.

#Newyearnewgear

6 Likes

Sssssslut!

2 Likes

You’ve had a Heat and Octatrack before, right?

2 Likes

Yep, and the M:C twice

And a DT and DN

2 Likes

Currently on my 7th Octatrack.

And I’ve owned just over 20 Elektron machines.

All I have at the moment is OT no7.

To say I have a love hate relationship with Elektron is ridiculously clear.

4 Likes

It started very slowly for me.
Got the A4 first. I was playing with it now and then you know but nothing too heavy or serious. It didn’t click right away with me. Then I started to play a bit more and more and more. Daily banging stuffs in my room. Crazy stuffs. My dealer got a Rytm mk1 at a very good price (when they launched the mk2) so bought the AR. I thought it was going too far though. Why would I need 2 Elektron sequencer in my life?? so I sold the AR. But felt I was missing something and couldn’t get the hole inside me completely fulfilled. My right hand was independent from my mind… pressing virtual pads and turning virtual knobs. I knew how to stop that so I bought the AR… again… after staying clean for a while but this purchase opened a pandora’s box and it escalated very quickly without me really realizing it: DN, OT, MD… I was having fun with these boxes everyday. A4, AR, DN, OT, MD… or so I thought.

Yes, you guessed it right.

The reality was that I had become…

an Elektroholic.

But hey! I’m banging my head while turning knobs now so there’s that!

Thank you for listening to my experience with this “problem” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hahaha nice! I had M:C and M:S 2 years ago for a short while then nothing from elektron since.

I just got back into Elektron on April 29th with a digitone, then a digitakt, then syntakt and now analog four all within not even a month and a half yet lol… but sadly have to let go of other gear to get these but that is the name of the game for some of us!

1 Like

Hello I’m Korpinen and I’m also an Elektroholic.

It’s only been three years since I had my first. The OT mk2. I didn’t really understand what it did, I hadn’t even been using samples before, only had been into synths for about two months. But I knew I had to get one. Actually felt so intimidated I tried to trade it while it was still on its way to me, in the mail. But the guy wasn’t having it, so I had to buy the MnM mk2+ from him. For 800€ so it was a good but I now realise I’d also sold my soul. The MD mk1 followed soon after that, three Elektrons in just 1,5 months. Took me a long time to really get high on them tho. In 2019 and early 2020 I also bought a Rytm mk2, A4 mk1, AH mk2 and DN all of which I sold fairly quickly. Oh, and an OT mk1 which stayed for about 1,5 years.

My current Elektrons are MD mk2 UW+, OT mk2 (grey), MnM, DN and AH mk1, and I consider myself a happier man than I was three years ago. I’ll get the A4 back at some point. Syntakt? Probably not, although a fellow Naut already called me a blasphemer for that.

3 Likes

Oh you will :wink: lol

2 Likes

At your own risk, antti, at your own risk : )

3 Likes

Past behaviour would make that seem likely, yes! :laughing: I was on the fence with the DN for a year and didn’t gel with it the first time around. I’m not an early adopter in general so the Syntakt’s still got time to lure me in. I didn’t love the Rytm (which I had twice) tho so there’s that.

1 Like

What about it that you didn’t enjoy?

1 Like