I made the Rytm MK2 and the A4 MK2 sit totally flat!

Hey, it’s me, EZBOT, back again for the millionth time. My buddy Phemto and I have designed these leveled risers for the Analog Rytm MK2 and the Analog Four MK2. We partly designed them for top-down camera shots, but really, for me, I just prefer all my gear flat. I think flat gear feels better on my hands/wrists and looks better, in my opinion. I’ve never been a big fan of angled gear, and I know I’m not alone, though I also recognize I’m not in the majority. If you feel the same way, we’re still making them, so if you’re interested, you can snag one from my webshop Modbang. If you we run out, just check back later, we don’t plan to stop making them.

18 Likes

This is fantastic! Meanwhile, everyone is using stands to put the flat Elektrons at an angle!

18 Likes

looks good and very good price, quick question, does it work in reverse? i.e., MOAR ANGLE?

2 Likes

It sure does!

3 Likes

it would be nice to see a closed box, with the og frontpanel attached.

interesting that nobody made a custom enclosure for the mk2s

Interesting. I prefer angled, because it’s easier to see the screen and labels, but not raised (so no arms or raised stands). You are correct though - flat is better for the wrists (and certainly looks better on the top-down shots :).

You could also use it the wrong way to increase the angle if so desired. I’ll leave now.

2 Likes

To be honest it is a bit ugly

The beauty of the MK2 is their angled shape

4 Likes

Awesome. Now need a slightly higher stand for a third tier for us gear hoarders :slight_smile:

Elektron also sells rack ears that allow you to make your MK2’s flat. With a little DIY you could make a nice and sturdy flat MK2.

19 inch example(yes its angled but you get the idea of how it could be made flat)

8 Likes

Neat idea!

Off topic, I was just on the site last night looking at an EL-1 and EL-2 for purchase. Any idea when those will be available in black again?

1 Like

For the Octatrack and Digitakt risers?

1 Like

That angled case with rack ears is awesome. I currently build all my stands out of wood just with the spacing needed.

1 Like

Correct. I’m looking to multibar attach an EL-1 and EL-2 for a Digi/OT riser. There’s only blue and red available. Black is sold out for both of the above. The configuration below:

1 Like

Yeah, we are out of black right now. Once the machine is on the stand you can’t see the color anymore, we are going to make some upgrades this year that will let us print the stands in multicolor which will be sick.

1 Like

The multibar colors I don’t care so much about :slight_smile: Those will obviously be hidden. It’s the actual uprights that I’m hoping to snag in black. Ultimately, the color shouldn’t really matter but black == +1 to ‘techno’. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh right, yeah we are making more right now. Should just be a few days!

1 Like

Never! Flat standers ignore science and common sense! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I still like your videos though despite our differences

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate the honesty, we like what we like :slight_smile: