I Made an EP with my Monomachine and Ended Up in to 2 Spotify Editorial Playlists

https://memoriesyoullforget.bandcamp.com/album/myf001-denzelworldpeace-compilation

I spent that entire year making weird looks with my monomachine and adding heavy 808s on them over time i had a strong few ideas after having every beat rejected by a label and just released them myself.

To my surprise Spotify put one of my songs in 2 of their playlist.

28 Likes

Is it your rap on the first track? Or do I just not recognize the song.

I like the album, cool sounds design. Nice experimental feel.

1 Like

:elephant: :black_heart:

1 Like

Nuts. Love it!

1 Like

my goal was to get rappers on every song, but that’s my friend that did a verse

3 Likes

sounds fire. everything but the 808 is monomachine though?

1 Like

Did you do anything in particular to get “noticed” or did you just put them up and it happened? Did you use something like DistroKid?

2 Likes

I can hear your dedication, you got the MnM under control. Good stuff man.

2 Likes

Thank you! :black_heart: Im still kinda insecure about it esp the song “BARK” which got on the Spotify playlist

But no, it isn’t the 808 i used the most was from Splice.

I think the song Bodega uses a MnM 808, before I released the EP I put a bunch of packs I made (mostly for my easy use to just grab a metal snare or something) and my sysex files up for sale.

I use my monomachine to record samples now or make simple drum loops.

1 Like

Thanks so much :black_heart: I was really churning out ideas then learning new stuff. My only regret is that at the time I didn’t know how to save patterns lol

Idk what happened it was a shock even to me, I think Jimmy Edgar shared one of my songs on his IG and maybe that got me attention.

I’m not sure how spotify picks out songs I know it helps if you have any promo or a buzz for sure.

2 Likes

that was a fun one to make

the demo sounds so silly

but i have very lucky to have my friend help me finish :black_heart:

1 Like

thank you! :black_heart:

I worked very hard on it

hope to follow it up with something better

found your stuff on one of the Monomachine playlists on spotify a while back, great stuff love the way it expands on the sophie/jim edgar/autechre conception of mnm sound design

1 Like

it all sounds like original sound design, to me at least. in my head I can hear most tracks with an mc like you suggested. did you initially write the songs with that in mind, or did it just become your idea to have rap on all of it after the composition was complete?

1 Like

I was tryna make beats for this label New Reality Now bc the owner told me to make some stuff, but nothing ever came from it so i turned some of the beats into full songs

2 Likes

love sophie and autechre, despite saying he liked my stuff jimmy said i “hijacked his sound” so im tryna find more tips and tricks for the monomachine

1 Like

and that’s my friends dennis’s playlist!

1 Like

That’s a little rich coming from Jimmy, I seem to recall them making electro funk before striking up a friendship with sophie. That said, i enjoy all of yalls music, and appreciate the differences in it, and it’s killer that you got a shout out. Jimmy also has what feels like a million dollars in gear, so if you’re actually copying the sound then they should go ask for a refund :wink:

3 Likes

it’s all good, after he literally stole my sounds and had to audacity to say i copy him i just decided to keep doing me (maybe even better than him hehe)

but i feel it’s not a competition and there’s nothing new under the sun

3 Likes