I made a sound design Sample pack/Digitakt Project for everyone!

Hi everyone,

Here is a link to a totally free sample pack containing stems, as well as a Digitakt project (.dtrpj file, with samples). There are 16 tracks in various musical styles to choose from! No need to sign up or give an email or anything, I’m just hoping to inspire people.

You can listen to the mixes on the playlist on my Soundcloud.

Every sound is made of a single cycle waveform, both from @Void_Vertex 's Single Cycle Waveform pack as well as Digitakt factory waveforms, using various sound design tricks on the Digitakt. Perhaps some DT owners will be able to glean a few tricks from what I’ve done here.

For all: The sample pack is made up of stems and a main mix of each track, all recorded from the Digitakt with no external processing. The stems themselves vary wildly in volume from the final mix, as my process isn’t too crazy organized. I did my best to gain stage each whole track together as well. You can make the final judgement of how well I did.

For DT owners: The .dtprj is arranged so that patterns 4, 8, 12, and 16 in every bank is the full unmuted pattern, and the three preceding patterns (1, 2, 3, or 13, 14, 15 for example) are the same pattern with variations of mutes. If you pattern chain an entire bank (A1 - A16 in order for example), it should play through like 4 separate short tracks. Also, pattern H1 is a template, with ‘pwm’ on every single cycle sample.

Go ahead and tear the samples/the .dtprj up! Mangle the sounds, make it unrecognizable, steal a beat for one of your songs. My only request is that if you use a recognizable chunk of it for your own music, give me some form of credit, and let me hear it!

Otherwise I’d love to hear what you think, and enjoy!

9 Likes