I made a Digitakt Video with some thoughts about it. Did i become a Salesmen? Do i really sound like that?! :-)

yeah, actually - i dont take things like that personal, i mean: you all know im a hypocrite :smiley: First i rant about the Heat in this forum, then - Months later - i bought one :relieved: Then i rant about the price politics of Elektron for the Digitakt - now i made this Video and pre ordered it :smiley:

Yeah, its just ā€¦ i dont wanna sound like a Salesmen :slight_smile: And when i listen to myself in this Video i more and more get the feeling that this Guy was probably right. It really sounds like putting some sale arguments together - partially :smiley: Ah damn, well - anyway, i have my hopes in this thing and i wont expect too much of it in the first place. I made that mistake with the Rytm once and was bitterly disappointed in the end. Not again :slight_smile: So, my own Video sold it to me - think im a Salesmen in the end ā€¦ :sunglasses:

1 Like

@umonox
hahaha at least you seem to be a funny guy to drink a beer with :slight_smile:
The good point if you not satisfied with the DT you will sold in one day second hand hahaha

Maybe you were subconsciously selling it to yourself without knowing it, and it workedā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

You sound like the speaker for Dyson vac commercials but does not come off as a commercial, more like user knowledge demostrating ideas. I thought it was informable.:+1:

I own the Octatrack,a DSI Tempest and the Access VirusTI and this video sold me on the MPC Liveā€¦If AKAI play this right theyā€™ll destroy the competition big time!Big mistake from Elektron to waste their resources on Digitaktā€¦A hybrid AR/OT would be the killer IMHOā€¦Yeā€¦yeā€¦ i know after that everyone would sell their Octas & Rytms and Elektron would lose from that but weā€™re talking about innovation and going forward hereā€¦AKAI with this move clearly shows how things will go from now onā€¦One compact stand alone machine to grab on stage or studio and finishing songs in itā€¦What a convenience!I would pay double the price of MPC Live if Elektron would make a hybrid AR/OTā€¦

You sold it BUT it is not even for sale yet and you have not even tested it yet ā€¦ in my experience there is always a difference between what is advertised, what we dream about and what is actually offeredā€¦

If I were you I would take a step back to not be disappointed if there is a disappointment on the arrival
:wink:

1 Like

Hey Ive subscribed and Iā€™m generally supportive of what you do! I find it informative and educational sometimes. Your video did bring up some good reasons why somebody would want a DT. It certainly increased my interest in the box but nobody really knows how well itā€™s going to perform some of the functions you describe. Particularly in the realm of being a central brain for a hardware system. I look forward to your opinion when itā€™s actually in your hands!