I made a Digitakt Video with some thoughts about it. Did i become a Salesmen? Do i really sound like that?! :-)

Hey guys,

a comment in one of my recent videos caught my attention lately. Couple of days ago i uploaded the following Video to my Youtube-Channel; basically telling the world about possible usages for the Digitakt when its out:

Now, a day ago or so, one Person has left the following comment about it:

Sorry but your "thoughts " on the Digitakt sound just like an infomercial to me , with arguments , objections and answers to these objections : just like what a professionnal sales person would write for an infomercial . It sounds like you are reading from a script , you probably re-worded the one Elektron send you to make it sound more natural , but the script still sounds like a pro salesman would write , good for you if it is not the case !

Now im really thinking about that. Do i actually sound like a Salesmen in this video?? What do you think? Is this a video that would sell you the Digitakt right away? Infusing into the Hype? If you say yes i can only say …

ELEKTRON listen closely! If i sell you this thing: GIMME A DAMN DISCOUNT !!! :smiley:

5 Likes

Good luck on the discount, lol

I watched some of it right after you loaded it and thought you did a great job. I would say there are a few more reasons why rytm user would want to buy it but you covered the big ones.

1 Like

thanks for your kind words mate! So, i dont sound like a Salesmen? Thank god! :slight_smile: This would be the last thing i want - especially because Elektron wouldnt give me that discount anyway :smiley:

1 Like

Its an excellent video, really informing and helpful.

No don’t worry mate.
Impossible to sell a product no one knows anything about

2 Likes

I thought you covered the bases well. But also felt like in places it was a little ‘state the obvious’ or blinkered.

Like ‘you’ve ran out of tracks? Obviously you need to spend more money on Elektron!’. A lot of cases in the video, a (2nd) used OT would prob be a better buy. Or gear from another company.

And some of the things you mention where there are onboard workarounds on OT (that you also mention) everyone used to be all ‘these are creative limitations!’, then all of a sudden it’s ‘screw this, I need more gear!’. Just makes me laugh a little. But overall, yeah good video that highlights some of the potential usefulness of DT. Can see it being useful for a lot of people, even if I think some obvious stuff is needlessly missing from it.

1 Like

Man, that was a great video. You’re doing the community a service when you’re putting in the time like this. You shouldn’t bother about someone thinking you’re just pitching this for your own good. You’re a dedicated guy that puts your talent to use, and for that, a crushing majority of us are very happy and appreciative, and the occassional fool shouldn’t cloud your day.

7 Likes

Salesman didn’t come to my mind at all while watching. That person was clearly looking for reasons to validate their hate and were disappointed when the video was an objective look at the Digitakt in an Elektron set up.

There’s a general observation to have in mind with comments/feedback on internet in general. People who tend to write something in majority is a LOT of bad-crap comments (politeness, education, bad personal life cycle for the person who wrote the shit) and divergent opinion (which is good I think because we can’t agreed on everything because we are not the same. that’s human being)

Which is not cool is that a lot of the people who actually watch, find the thing nice etc… doesn’t tend to write a positive comment. That’s why for example it’s a pain to manage brand image on internet on website such as trip advisor or similar. You actually need to make a external communication campaign to encourage people who like the company to wrote positive comment on internet… and that’s (should probably be) a matter to discuss because it can be controversial and/or biased !

So make your things and don’t listen everything… or you will stop your good things and I’m sure you helping a lot of people with your stuff Generously offered-shared

1 Like

YouTube comments are of course 99% awful…

…but if you read them in the voice of Adam Buxton they’re good for plenty of entertainment. I love internet opinions.

1 Like

It sold it more to me than the official digitakt videos so i guess yes, you are a salesman :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah, dammit :smiley:

Anyway - thanks for all of your kind words mates! It makes me happy that i could contribute to the community; offering some infos that a few (or many?) people could put to some good use in the end! Glad you like what i did.

In the meantime i pre-ordered this damn thing! :smiley: Sold it to myself, so to say :blush: Took the opportunity from Bax-Shop (they sold it for 650 € several weeks ago) and now i finally paid the invoice :slight_smile: Interestingly they told me that it should be available April, 16 ^^ Guess that guy was wrong. I rather guess they meant May :smiley:

Thanks again - to all of you!
umo

3 Likes

I didn’t watch your video because I won’t be purchasing a DT and I’m not really interested in watching a video by a third party about something that doesn’t exist yet.
That being said, if you did this with love in your heart and just being yourself doing what you want to do, I fully support you. Don’t worry about what other people say, if you mean well. The Internet is huge and it’s not like your just talking to your friends, there’s all kinds out there including the ones ready to pounce on you…
By my second or third post on this forum I was told I have rainbows flying out of my ass…
I have never done any social media besides this forum so for a long time I was shocked at how for almost anything I say, there’s someone ready to judge me, misinterpret, slam me down, accuse, etc…
By now I have realized that this is just one of the implications of saying anything at all on the Internet, your reaching such a wide audience its to be expected every type of reaction possible.
Be yourself, do your thing, the universe knows the truth, don’t worry what people say, let rainbows fly out of your ass if you want!

1 Like

i personally liked the video. thought it was objective and although the device is not yet released, you made me think of what to look for. as an owner of other elektron equipment, you had some good points that i was glad to learn.

1 Like

Yeah as y gen would say ‘haters gonna hate’
Unfortunately as soon as you expose yourself to social media in such a way you will also expose yourself to the faceless men who will criticise for the sake of it. You need to take it with a grain of salt, and only focus on the positives, which generally always outway the negatives.
You need a pretty thick skin in the old world wide web

1 Like

hahaha, incredible :joy: I hope I’m not part of that one. if it is I’m sorry. if it’s not I apologize for these guys out there, elektronauts is not the place for this kind of thing :wink:

I impose myself here from time to time but it is really with the idea of ​​giving good advice because I feel I have lost a lot of time younger because badly advised by others precisely. (if I have no clue on a subject then I put myself aside and do not reply of give wrong advises I think it’s better to act like that) I try as much as to do what can be objective but it is not always easy when we do not know the experience of other users nor their stories… But I trust people to clean then the pros and cons from everyone.

Also I really like this forum, that’s explain this reply.

You had nothing to do with it, and it doesn’t even matter anymore, I’m very much over it…
:monkey::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

2 Likes

You act well… there’s no other way (path) to the one you already took
So @umonox : you very much over it… too

Most of what I’ve seen you do is help people, and go out of your way to create things that allow others to progress. You rock, and are a wonderful addition to the forum, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

oh thanks Open_Mike :wink: I try I try …

1 Like