I’m done with Elektron

Or just more assholes on the internet nowadays ?

6 Likes

Sure it was a new OT MK II for 1150? Could have been a MK I. Most of the MK II are about 1.380,- EUR.

Our problem with price is, we don’t know, how those price targets are made. There is not cost-calculation and then a fair gain on top. IMO many companies calculate the cost and slash a value on top, which they think, customers might accept … they try to make the best business possible. If the price drops significantly short time after release … IMO … either the market didn’t accept the price, or the company got into other problems, which force lower prices. At the end it might have been a bad strategy, which failed.

I would suggest, beeing an early adopter makes only sense, if that new product is a must have to do a better job right now, or it is some kind of luxury, to have access very early, but than there should be no complaint about price development later … :wink:

Check out juno.co.uk. Other retailers too (thomann, gear4music etc)

1 Like

How much was a4 mk2 on release date? now is 1156eur !

Been following this thread and it itches me now to also share my opinion.
Good people at Elektron:

Thank you!

As an owner of the trinity + Heat (How can you not have the heat, right?) i must say that these instruments added so much to my workflow, music compostion and sound creating…
I started with the A4 i borrowed from a friend. For quite some time I fiddled around with only one track and realized the potential in working with just one voice on the A4. I then slowly expanded my set up but always keeping in mind the flexability and capeability of just one track on the A4.

I have been struggling in the beginning with a few things i couldn’t grasp … patterns? kits? parts? chain mode? song mode? how to put it all together. until I realized that for every musical situation there can be more then one ideal way that can fit it, you choose what’s best for you.
I relate to everyone who are disappointed with Overbridge. For me it always felt like too good to be true… the day it will work the way it should work it would definately change again our workflow. isn’t that what Elektron’s all about: changing the way you think about music creation? inspiring you? challenging you to get out of your box? (and into their boxes…)
I think they have revolutionized music! ok, i guess every revoltion is in essence simply an evolution so for all of you that are “done with Elektron” i’m hoping that you find the next best thing (and please let us know…)
In my experience synths come and synths go but Elektron is here to stay.

6 Likes

You are absoutely right, juno sells for such low prices. :+1:

I did two searches with price comparing apps and found only 1.380,-. Intersting, though.

Maybe the drop has just been yesterday or today?

The Heat is very expensive, and there are cheaper alternatives.

A4 dropped in price early January, OT past month or so. Rytm also dropped 150 euros recently.

Thanks for the update … I cross-checked … my search was for OT not A4.

I think Elektron need to completely rethink the interface of their machines.
It hasn’t changed since the monomachine and is way overdue for a redesign. This would inspire and inject new enthusiasm for their products imo

2 Likes

Anyone else come to this point, at some point?

Nope :slight_smile:

I tried so much things… to me it’s ITB or Hybrid (ITB + Elektron) or Elektron (Elektron is OTB for me… probably the best equipment for Live Performance, Live Tweaking…)

I always came back to Elektron… I think i am a groovebox man from the beginning (the most get things done i done is with groovebox (RS7000, MC909…) Then i done things with only a DAW + VST, then coming back to Hardware with Elektron (with Live performance in mind) was the smartest path to take…

I think it’s depend about people and music genre … and how you like to write a piece of music

Eventually a 8 bars system on Elektron would be amazing… (But Trig conditions do the trick for now)

2 Likes

Could you tell us, what you would like to see improved?

For me some of the buttons could be placed more ergonomically, but I like the general concept. Since all Elektrons have so many parameters, a one knob per function concept would mean to have a very large box :wink:

I like the “menu-buttons” and the concept that the encoders change their function accordingly. After a while muscle memory develops and helps to work nearly blindfolded.

I would love to change, how we can organise and re-organise our projects, pattern, patches, and samples. A computer based librarian would be appriciated very much :wink:

1 Like

I would have loved to see more UI consistency across the whole range of devices. Call me anal, but it keeps bugging me that ADSR, LFOs, and quite a few other things look and feel differently between devices.

4 Likes

No worries. Next release and the hype will be back again :wink:
I just like to complain about tiny worfkflow problems here and then.
Might be that tomorrow I will rant about using laptops and praise the OT lord again.

Come what may, i won’t leave the ship (at least as long as I won’t get bankrupt)

2 Likes

Who’s ansome?

A guy making techno. Very good techno IMO.

A bit of gear I’m curious about with this is akais almost 2 grand MPC X, the price hasn’t budged at all but I don’t see many of them in the wild. Updates seem to be just as slow as elektron. Still missing some basic stuff as far as I know. Maybe it’s cause akai is a much larger and shadier company. we’ve come to expect more from elektron when really we should expect less

Akai does lag in updates and their forum is filled with complaints and feature request. I actually sold my Live because missing basic features and lack of communication from Akai.

2 Likes

That was expected by many users before release of the new units … AKAI has a reputation for not fixing bugs quickly … :wink:

I hope they will fix it, because one day my old MPC 5K needs a successor …

As did I. I was in the forums too, actually spoke to that dan bloke that talks for them a few times but talk is cheap. I was just pointing out the unbudgeable prices from akai vs the rapidly falling cost of new elektrons