I’m done with Elektron

It’s also pretty easy to use the convert audio to midi drum track (in ableton anyway) and add some extra samples on top if that’s what you’re into.

Has anyone tried to copy an audio track and paste it on the midi side?

Would be strange with plocks and whatever, but maybe it does it… My machines napping in storage this month…

kids with Infertility pads = baked eggs

1 Like

Yes. Many, many times.

3 Likes

And? Did it work out?

Kind of :slight_smile:

Depends on what you want to copy/paste… Audio and Midi tracks are different; but I can copy/paste elements between the two.

Lily von shtoop taught me everything I need to know.

I’m pretty new to elektron though been making music since the 90s. Have OT2 and DN and think they are great. The older machines appeal but i sure as shit didn’t have the money to buy them when they were not older machines.

1 Like

I’m terrible at making music, might as well sell all my equipment amirite? :man_shrugging:

As the saying goes: self knowledge is the first step to improvement :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Meh, I don’t know how to make music but experimenting with noise is fun :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Only using Elektron since December and been over it many times, often wondering if I’ll ever get how to use them, but the last couple weeks it’s becoming intuitive.
Finally comfortable and now they pretty much can be programmed and run alone, so I can finally get back to playing a keyboard. Just changed my setup this morning and it’s 3/5th’s Elektron. Could soon be 3/4.

1 Like

It’s what music is made from :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think of Elektron as a sketch pad and live beat machine. The lack of OB for MK2 products makes it difficult at best to use with DAW studio work. But I knew that going into it and use it for live shows and just as a fun tool for experiment without computer. I have Cubase with KK S49 and Ableton/Push 2 for studio work. Now if we could get an all in one box that did sampling, synthesis and was stand alone or well able to integrate with multiple DAWs that would be nirvana.

The new Dreadbox Medusa looks like a promising synth that can do that and more from what I am seeing. The new IK Uno looks promising as well since it is battery powered.

1 Like

My big roadblock with the A4 continues to be that so much of it’s functionality is buried in menus. I know the thing backwards and forwards but when I look at immediate knobs and then look back at the a4 i just always end up gravitating elsewhere. When I had it my Polysix was my most played instrument because of it’s immediacy and how easy it was to get killer sounds out of it. Even if the sonic palette was limited.

2 Likes

Funny I took a break tonite to troubleshoot an issue with my Komplete Kontrol S49 keyboard and was messing around with VSTs and also with my Push 2 controller. Man, I am rusty on the Push after so used to the Elektron gear!
Felt like a step backwards having to deal with both the Push way of doing things as well as Ableton DAW stuff.

Ive read you can go dawless for a while with the Push 2. Is this so and how so? Cheers.

Even funnier, i had a push 2 and sold it and instantly regretted it. I can whip up a hook in 30 mins with that thing.

1 Like

I feel myself going the opposite way actually (aswell as many others here too). I had a few Elektron boxes, didn´t bond well enough with the A4 and got rid of it. Kept the MnM, Rytm and bought the Heat.
Finally, i got a Deluge and it works very well with the Elektron boxes so i will not be getting rid of any more of them. Instead, i might add a MachineDrum since it´s the only thing i feel is missing.

I was close to let elektron go but i, too, needed a push in the right direction. The push not being a push but a deluge, tho.

3 Likes

yea I won’t sell my Push 2 as long as I use Ableton. Too essential for doing any real serious DAW work. I don’t reget the Elektron gear as it is superb for live shows and fun to experiment with. Plus I can load up my sound packs that I cook up in Ableton to it. I am building a sound pack to eventually give some freebies back to the community and then offer low cost sound packs. I have about 5 tracks done this week and 20+ more planned.

What kind of sound packs do you guys want in the future? Let me know so I can whip up some tasty things you would like. My taste is wacky so not quite the mainstream. Been using granular and wave table stuff in my home studio.

1 Like