I just released my first techno track! (made with elektron gear)

I’ve been exploring making techno with hardware for a bit now, and I knocked this track together from a jam I had recorded into ableton. Most of what you hear is syntakt and octatrack there is also Neutron on the drone. Sample is from an Allan Moore interview.
your thoughts on it would be appreciated!

if you wish to support the project grab it on bandcamp, share it about, add it to your spotify playlists and things as such, much appreciated. https://beacons.ai/skwelch

6 Likes

nice sound design, very satisfying kick/sub. guessing the syntakt was processed a fair bit?

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate that!
I did record it through overbridge so each track go its own processing, most of the time chorus and comp was one of the first things (which is why I dont stop arguing for those to be on the syntakt) it really makes it shine, some bits like the kick I sampled into OT processed it on that then into ableton.

I’d like to have a listen on a proper system. Still nice to hear, but to properly appreciate this I think it would be better heard a little bit louder than I can manage right this moment. It does sound processed, but I can really hear the ST character in there so I’m glad it didn’t lose that flavor in post.

1 Like

It’s defo made to be blasted, lmk if you do! Thank you! im glad the flavour is still in there, I love this machine.

1 Like