I just bought an OT Mk2

Sorry guys for this stupid question but where is located the serial number on the OT Mk2?
I just received my second hand unit and although it is in pretty good state, the headphones volume por is VERY loose…

Mine has the SN printed on a sticker on the bottom.

1 Like

I watched Cuckoo’s tutorials. He had a mk i, and i do too, but aside from which button to push, the actions are the same.

I have the same problem with mine, thinking about sending it in to get repaired.

1 Like

I just watched this and tried something similar with the OT and the results are very promising. One thing that is easy to overlook is how fun and surprising it is to absolutely abuse the effects. Many of them have feedback controls that add so much flexibility.

1 Like

Just opened a support ticket and the guys at Elektron answered very nicely and quickly :slight_smile:

1 Like

The encoders have steel d-shafts and the phones pot has a plastic d-shaft. Mine is like that too, always has been. It’s just loose in comparison and there’s likely nothing wrong with it.

It’s easy to check by removing the knob and seeing if the actual pot is loose or if it’s just the plastic shaft bending, like they usually do.

1 Like

For ‘stock’ sounds that get used across multiple projects eg drum sounds I have folders of those in the main audio pool folder.

For sounds relating directly to a particular project eg, all resampling, samples recorded especially for that project: I keep save those to the project folder.

2 Likes

I just use the convention, for folder hierarchy, established in the early Octatrack sound packs that I bought like Hell Bent On Circuits.

Inside the Hell Bent On Circuits folder, there is another folder with the same name, and it has a bunch of .work and .strd files. Some start with “arr”, others start with “bank”. Then there are markers and project files. I don’t know for sure which are pattern or part files.

The other folder inside the main sound pack folder is the AUDIO folder, which has a hierarchy of samples.

1 Like

I have folders of samples organised by type, then like @Microtribe save to project folder any project specific stuff. Also you can collect all samples to project if you want it to be self contained, this way any sample that you use from other folders are copied to the project folder.

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up RE hierarchy on the OT. I am going this way to have a bit of organized library :slight_smile:

Another question - pls let me know if this is not the right place:
I have a flex track with a 2 bar loop (rhythmic) and am trying to set up 2 scenes. A is “normal” and B is “reversed” (loop playing backwards, ie rate from 63 on A to rate at - 63 on B).
What happens is when I go go from A to B, it is all good. Going back to A, the loop plays normal but not at the right tempo, like slowed down. I am surely missing a parameter somewhere…

1 Like

Maybe … but it’s also quite possible that the calibration of the crossfader is somewhat off and doesn’t reach the 0 position on the far left. Search the forum about how to calibrate the crossfader.

2 Likes

In case this helps…

You don’t need to have a “normal” scene (with nothing changed). [FUNC+SCENE A/B] enables/disables the A or B end of the crossfader. You can crossfade between “a scene” and “no scene” this way.

3 Likes

Thank you @Octagonist for the precision :pray:
@tnussb would this be the way? :arrow_down:

1 Like

I actually just bought a brand new rytm mk2, and it also has a loose volume knob like this. I returned it. Apparently its a pretty common issue with the mk2 units, unfortunately.

1 Like

yes

1 Like

Thank you @tnussb for redirecting me to the proper thread as I was not aware you could calibrate the xfader from the test mode.
Much appreciated :pray:

That thing is a rabbit hole.
Love it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just got notified mine is arriving today after almost a month of waiting…excited like a kid on Christmas :smiley:

3 Likes

You’re in for a treat!! :slight_smile:

1 Like